Bonjour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chocotuile

Assistant Cook
New to the forum, just saying hi! I grew up baking, loving desserts and became a pastry chef. The past couple of years, my tastes have run more into the savory side, and I'm learning to cook all these wonderful foods I never knew before. My main concern right now is using off all the monster zucchinis from my garden! I only know how to bake with it; any ideas on how to cook with it? It either comes out too crunchy or too mushy; I've love any tried and true recipes for zucchini!

http://chocotuile.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Bienvenue! Zucchini muffins, zucchini bread, zucchini fritters, zucchini chocolate cake...recipes abound on the Internet.

Last edited:
Depending on their size, anything bigger than about 8 inches I would hollow out (just removing the seeds) and roast the shells with olive oil and garlic. I would then use them as a platform for a marinara and steamed vegetable dish. Or a nice Bolongese (sp) and Parmesan topping. Oh!!! serve beef stew or a beef barley stew in them.

I've never thought about that! Is it in the vein of something like a stuffed squash? Sounds perfect for winter time. Thanks for the ideas! I tried a vege baked casserole, but I sliced the zucchinis too thick and they didn't bake at all, while the tomatoes were overdone.

Slice lengthwise so they are 1/4" thick. Marinate in olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, and garlic. Grill them until tender. I always splash a little extra balsamic on them when serving.

have to look for the recipe, but my memory tells me, scoop them out, par boil the shells for a bit. Make a mixture of cottage cheese, eggs, seasonings, I think some of the "scoop out", stuff the shells and bake...makes a lovley custardy, savory side dish

I've never thought about that! Is it in the vein of something like a stuffed squash? Sounds perfect for winter time. Thanks for the ideas! I tried a vege baked casserole, but I sliced the zucchinis too thick and they didn't bake at all, while the tomatoes were overdone.

I was thinking an edible bowl...:chef:

What if I did something like a deviled egg? Scoop out the meat, use the shell as the bowl, and do some kind of puree with the meat? Although I'll have to find some complementary seasoning for it... I can't stand the taste of steamed zucchini by itself!

Scoop out the "filling" of a zucchini, fill with your fav tomato sauce, top with cheese, bake for about 20 minutes on a greased cookie sheet at 350.

Would you add some of the zucchini meat to the tomato sauce? Or just fill with all tomato sauce? Thanks for the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom