Buona Sera from Seattle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katje

Assistant Cook
It's the night before Thanksgiving and tomorrow I'm going to give our new stove its baptism-by-fire so to speak. I've cooked a number of turkeys in the past with low mortality figures but we did some work on our kitchen last spring (OK so the work somehow continued into the summer and fall) and part of that was a new gas/convection oven. The bird is a 17 pounder, it's going to be stuffed and the oven instructions seems fairly explicit: use the temperature probe to attain an internal temp of 185, set the oven at 325 and roast for approximately 10 minutes per pound with the convection fan on. Wish me luck and I'll let you know tomorrow how it turned out. A tranquil holiday to all of you.

Dabro pazhalavat, Katje!

You will love having a convection oven-----they are perfect for cooking large amounts of food evenly and efficiently. Best of luck on having a wonderful Thanksgiving and hope the baptism by fire is figurative and not literative. You'll find one of my postings to a kitchen disasters thread where I had a green dyed turkey on my hands to deal with. It was not funny. Welcome again to DC!

Greetings Katje. I have a niece named Katje. Not a common name. I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom