Canada checking in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi there and welcome - my family is from Southern Africa, I live in New Jersey - and I hava a confession to make - kind of odd, this, but, I was born in Thompson, Manitoba. My dad was working at Inco in the early sixties. Sandyj

javadog said:
Hi

Just dropped in to say hello. Any other Canadians here?
I'm in Sask

Well, I know you posted this some time ago, but I just registered a few minutes ago. All that just to say, yes I am Canadian, eh!

Bri

Do you visit TopTaste?

middie said:
hi java. welcome to dc. yep you do have fellow canadians here. you'll see eventually.

Hi,

I recogize that signature! Is that possible?

Hi I'm From...

Hi I'm From Rawdon, Québec, Canada. So far we're (Québec) still part of Canada. I'm more excited about being a terrestrial organisium however. Hi everybody. Nanu, nanu...

Ken said:
Greetings and welcome from the City of Champions!

Hi Ken from Edmonton. I think it's common language to say, good to meet you, but in fact it takes time to really know if that is true. Oooooh the philosopher chief wow!

Good to meet you! Thanks for the welcome.

Bri

Last edited:
well I am in Canada now... Ontario to be exact... but I was born in Washington State. Welcome JavaDog!

Smiles!

Robo410 said:
yo from a half canadian living and working around the Chesapeake Bay. Crabs and Beer rule!
We're all a fraction of something. Half Canadain is good! Dare I say I'm half terrestrial?!?! :ROFLMAO:

I'm so glad to have landed here, what a great group!

mudbug said:
Bienvenue, Bri.
Merci MudBug.

Just thought I'd tell you. This is a bit of a storey so I should start at the beginning. I had been living with my wife for, oh, three years, about, at the time. I couldn’t seem to make my wife really laugh. I guess she felt I had other qualities, I hope she liked my mind, oh whatever. So one evening in a darkened living room, she was watching TV. I was walking by in my boxers, (it was a hot summer day and we don’t have air-conditioning, and I really don’t want it, rather walk around half naked, or all naked for that matter). As I stepped in front of the tube I stopped right in front, a bit like a two year old looking for attention, paused… and dropped my boxers. She laughed so hard I thought she was going to wet herself. From that point on I realized that she was the type of person who liked visual jokes (Mr. Bean) Ok so I like to make her laugh from time to time, I’m not going to drop my drawers every time I want a laugh, so I developed a little alternate personal.

I do a great, (well at least good) imitation of Donald Duck. Every time I did Donald Duck to talk to her she would laugh. Well it’s been about fifteen years now and Donald and I are still around, with a few other characters, (don’t tell Donald he’s very jealous).

Now that I think of it, when I dropped my boxers that night so long ago, what exactly was she laughing at? I never asked her that…

Bri :-p

Last edited:
Sage said:
Hi Java,
I'm from Northern Ontario; we still have a bit of snow.
Anxious to see the green grass.
This is a great site.

We got 10 cm (4 in) of the white stuff yesterday. Glad to say it didn't stay long and is starting to recede, although we still have a few feet of the old iced up snow. The icing up caused by the spring thaw. Yes it is Spring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom