Cheesehead from Wisconsin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome! Ireland is also on my list of places I want to visit. Have been to Wales a few times, just across the water.

Pam

hiya it1, i'm guessing you have tours in the southern counties, from dublin to cork, and up the west coast? have you ever been to westport, croagh patrick, and the nothern/western counties?

We will be traveling through the southern part of Ireland this trip. We will land in Shannon, see the Cliffs of Moher, and then go to Dingle, Killarney, Waterford, and then on to Dublin. In 2003, we toured the northwest part of Ireland through Sligo, to Donegal, and into Northern Ireland. I try to pick different itineraries each time we go. :LOL:

oooh, very cool. i'm jealous, can't wait to go back. i'm also impressed. most american tourists stay in the south. few see sligo and donegal. my favorite area is just southwest of there, in leitrim, mayo and cavan. great fishing and horseback riding country. if you know of any fresh water fisherman (fly and spincast), take them on a tour thru ballinamore in co. leitrim.
northern ireland isn't as much fun because of the troubles, especially in the early summer. still, if you're into the politics and history of the north, a black cab tour is interesting. belfast is a very modern metorpolitan city, great shopping; and derry is also nice. good pubs and shopping. the northern coast road between the two is a beautiful drive, as well as the route thru the glen shane pass.
man, i can't wait to go back....

I know, I can't wait to get back also. When we went to Sligo and Donegal, we also drove to Cavan and stayed at the Cavan Castle. We also went to a place called magic hill, which is a very unique experience.

Hello to you. Welcome. Makes me wanna hum, "I'm a travelin man...made a lot of stops...

So, do you get to travel around, sample the foods of different countries? Have a favorite recipe to share? Looking forward to exchaning all things food.

I am very fortunate to be able to take about 6 trips a year. Dining is one of my favorite parts of travel. When we go to Ireland, we have full Irish Breakfasts everyday, and most evenings either dine at a hotel or have dinner with entertainment. Most of our dinners are three course meals and are wonderful.

for those who don't know, a full irish breakfast usually consists of:

2 or 3 eggs, any style, but fried, sunnyside up, or over easy is the norm
toast and/or brown bread with butter and jams/marmalades
some kind of fried or boiled potatoes
black and white puddings (types of sausages)
bacon
breakfast sausages
boxtie
roasted tomatoes
yogurt
tea and juice

after a huge breakfast like this, skipping lunch is no big deal...

You are so right. The breakfasts are very filling and also very good. I love fresh grapefruit and almost always there is fresh grapefruit all cut up and in a bowl.

Back
Top Bottom