Ciao from Italy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will love it here :) Great people and many good friends to be made.
I've only been a DC member for about a month now and I feel like it's my family away from home :)

P.S Do you have a good traditional Lasagna recipe that you don't mind sharing?

Sure, my fiancee comes from Modena, that is in Emilia-Romagna region, the homeland of lasagna (and parmigiano reggiano, traditional balsamic vinegar, tortellini and so on...), and next week I'm going down there, so I will write down their family recipe and post it in the forum. I'll send you a message.
I want to visit some acetaia too, where they create traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena, I mean the real stuff. I'll see if I can post something on that, too.
:chef:

Last edited:
Sure, my fiancee comes from Modena, that is in Emilia-Romagna region, the homeland of lasagna (and parmigiano reggiano, traditional balsamic vinegar, tortellini and so on...), and next week I'm going down there, so I will write down their family recipe and post it in the forum. I'll send you a message.
I want to visit some acetaia too, where they create traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena, I mean the real stuff. I'll see if I can post something on that, too.
:chef:

Thank you so much!!! My kids and husband love lasagna too and it's my favourite comfort meal. I love balsamic and only buy Balsamic that is made in Modena, the best by far. I look forward to trying the recipe and other Italian dishes that you share on DC!

omg! we seem to have a three-way war of the lambs shaping up shear. :) and i always thought lambs were such gentle, sacrificial creatures....welcome luca, to dc. it seems a number of us have fond bel paese recollections. my introduction to bel paese was so deliciously memorable that it has remained, along with port salut, my favorite cheese ever since. but they both needed to be paired with cheap white wine in order to make a perfect toast....

omg! we seem to have a three-way war of the lambs shaping up shear. :) and i always thought lambs were such gentle, sacrificial creatures....welcome luca, to dc. it seems a number of us have fond bel paese recollections. my introduction to bel paese was so deliciously memorable that it has remained, along with port salut, my favorite cheese ever since. but they both needed to be paired with cheap white wine in order to make a perfect toast....

Cheap white wine? Never drink a wine that you pay less than 15 euros a bottle :)
And lambs are very good indeed, especially barbecued :angel:

SA Lamb wins hands down :P No contest! :LOL:
Nothing like a good Karoo Lamb!

Welcome Luca! as you can see this is a very friendly place. Love Italian food, looking forward to you sharing with us here on DC. Viva Italia! :bunny:

I don't know about your lamb: next time I will skip London and come directly to Wales to taste it!
What is the most classical welsh recipe for lamb? :)
Well Luca Wales has a number of claims to fame, apart from the world beating Lamb, we have produce some of the finest Rugby players in the world has ever seen Barry John, Phil Bennet, JPR Williams Tom Jones to name a few.
The historical major energy source in Wales is coal so most of the classics are roasted.
So it would be roast leg of the finest lamb to grace a hill, roast potatoes,mint sauce, veg and gravy.
My fav sport next to Boxing, Rugby and the horizontal rumba is Cricket, I obviously support England who thrashed India last week.:)

Last edited:
Well Luca Wales has a number of claims to fame, apart from the world beating Lamb, we have produce some of the finest Rugby players in the world has ever seen Barry John, Phil Bennet, JPR Williams Tom Jones to name a few.
The historical major energy source in Wales is coal so most of the classics are roasted.
So it would be roast leg of the finest lamb to grace a hill, roast potatoes,mint sauce, veg and gravy.
My fav sport next to Boxing, Rugby and the horizontal rumba is Cricket, I obviously support England who thrashed India last week.:)

Thank you! I'm a big rugby fan, too. Don't know anything about that horizontal rumba... Is it some sort of Gaelic Dance? :angel:
Ok, now I'll try to write my first post, about my weekend in Friuli...
Avanti Savoia!

Hmmm.....I seem to sense the need for a lamb cook off.....
Where to have it???.......I know!!!
How about the edge of the Great Dismal Swamp?
Everyone is invited!

Back
Top Bottom