Ciao from Italy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I drive to Split from the UK then get the slow car ferry to Hvar, there is a regular car ferry from Ancona to Hvar, when I was talking to my elder brother we would visit his holiday house in Tuscany.
The meat mixture for Peppers and Sarma are the same, equal parts of beef, pork and veal with some rice. In the UK I add a bit of riccotta and cube mozzarella to the pepper mix only..
The cabbage for the Sarma, place whole round white cabbage in a plastic drum, salt each layer, add some dried corn cobbs for colour, put a wooden board on top with some clean bricks, seal the drum and place outside in November for the cold and frost to work its magic, they should be ready in January, when you just rinse and use.

Thank you Bolas. I think I'll try the peppers, first, I love to mix the three meats (especially pork).

There are a few pics of Hvar in this link, the seahouse is where we go when its high season to get away from the tourists and heat, there is no mains water or electric and we only put a track down to it for cars 2yrs ago when the donkey died. clic on view as a slideshow. http://photobucket.com/bolashvar

I think I should really consider some holiday at the croatian coast..
argh.gif

I always forget how nice it's there when it comes to planning..

Luca,
sorry for highjacking your thread :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom