Ciao from Italy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luca Lazzari

Sous Chef
Hi everybody, I'm Luca Lazzari and I'm very happy to be here!
I'm Italian and I LOVE good food, I think it's some sort of genetic deviance that affects all of us, here in the Bel Paese...

Buon appetito a tutti! ;)

Good morning from North Wales, I'm a deviant too, I think it is because we have the best Lamb in the world.:)

Hope your Bel Paese formaggio is still as good as it was 40 - 50 years ago. The Bel Paese available in the US is not very good. Are you near Viareggio?

Hi, I used to eat a lot of Bel Paese Galbani when I was a child. It's years I don't taste it, but I believe it's exactly the same today as it was for me 40 years ago... However, I will try it for you and post a full report! :LOL:
And, no, I live in Pavia, somewhere south of Milan.

Last edited:
Luca Lazzari said:
I don't know about your lamb: next time I will skip London and come directly to Wales to taste it!
What is the most classical welsh recipe for lamb? :)

Sorry, boys. Everyone knows Aussie lamb is the best. :p

Luca Lazzari said:
Hi everybody, I'm Luca Lazzari and I'm very happy to be here!
I'm Italian and I LOVE good food, I think it's some sort of genetic deviance that affects all of us, here in the Bel Paese...

Buon appetito a tutti! ;)

Hi Luca! I love Italia, and hope to visit there again soon. What is your favourite Italiano meal?

Hi Luca! I love Italia, and hope to visit there again soon. What is your favourite Italiano meal?

Argh.
For the PASTA, I like to cook some anchovies in hot olive oil until they are melted, then I add tuna and sliced green olives, after a little I add tomato sauce, sugar, salt and hot pepper. At the end, I add some capers then mix the sauce with a short pasta, usually fusilli or farfalle, then I add grated Pecorino (not Parmigiano).
MEAT: I love the "carne cruda" piemontese recipe of my grandfather, basically it's a meat tartare, only ingredients are beef meat, salt, pepper, olive oil, red winegar and garlic (don't put the garlic in the mix: just rub the fork in the garlic, then use the "garlicated" fork to mix the ingredients).
FISH: fritto misto Ligurian style!!!
VEGS: zucchini flowers, filled or fried
DESSERT: I don't like them very much, however I like "zuppa inglese"
LIQUOR: A good old Sambuca!!!
:pig: :pig: :pig:

Argh.
For the PASTA, I like to cook some anchovies in hot olive oil until they are melted, then I add tuna and sliced green olives, after a little I add tomato sauce, sugar, salt and hot pepper. At the end, I add some capers then mix the sauce with a short pasta, usually fusilli or farfalle, then I add grated Pecorino (not Parmigiano).
MEAT: I love the "carne cruda" piemontese recipe of my grandfather, basically it's a meat tartare, only ingredients are beef meat, salt, pepper, olive oil, red winegar and garlic (don't put the garlic in the mix: just rub the fork in the garlic, then use the "garlicated" fork to mix the ingredients).
FISH: fritto misto Ligurian style!!!
VEGS: zucchini flowers, filled or fried
DESSERT: I don't like them very much, however I like "zuppa inglese"
LIQUOR: A good old Sambuca!!!
:pig: :pig: :pig:

Hi there Luca :)
In South Africa we call Sambuca Italian Personality :LOL:
We only have one decent kind of Sambuca (Lupini)
Which ones are available in Italy?
My favourite is Lumpini Gold with a coffee bean inside.

Last edited:
Greetings from Western Canada, Luca and welcome to DC! As you can see we are a friendly bunch and very willing to share our culture and cooking knowledge. I can't wait to here more about your region in Italy and its specialties!

Hi there Luca :)
In South Africa we call Sambuca Italian Personality :LOL:
We only have one decent kind of Sambuca (Lupini)
Which ones are available in Italy?
My favourite is Lumpini Gold with a coffee bean inside.

We have many Sambuca here, the one I like is a brandless Sambuca I buy in a discount stores chain. And I like it "con la mosca" too! That is, with 3 or 5 (always an odd number, don't know why, some sort of superstition I suppose...) coffee beans, and some ice in the summer.
And "con la mosca" means "with the fly".

By the way, GO BOKKE!

Greetings from Western Canada, Luca and welcome to DC! As you can see we are a friendly bunch and very willing to share our culture and cooking knowledge. I can't wait to here more about your region in Italy and its specialties!

Thanks! I live in Lombardy and we have (like all italian regions) tons of recipes and beautiful places. I will try to be a humble ambassador of our ancient cookery and food. :)

We have many Sambuca here, the one I like is a brandless Sambuca I buy in a discount stores chain. And I like it "con la mosca" too! That is, with 3 or 5 (always an odd number, don't know why, some sort of superstition I suppose...) coffee beans, and some ice in the summer.
And "con la mosca" means "with the fly".

By the way, GO BOKKE!

They say the 3 beans are a religious thing, to resemble the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit :)
I also meant a few coffee beans, I just type faster than I think sometimes :LOL:
I just like the Sambuca Gold because of the shiny flecks of Gold Leaf (typical girl)
Don't like flavoured Sambuca, only clear (white) or the gold because it's just got added gold leaf. Can't understand why they would make red, blue, green etc. Gross!
I also set mine on fire to intensify the flavour :)
Yeah, Go Bokke!!!!! We take our rugby very seriously in SA. I come from Blue Bull Valley as they've dubbed Pretoria. And if you don't support the Bulls you're in Big trouble!!!!!
I'm a big rugby fan, SA boys are all such mountains of men I guess that's why SA plays good rugby :)

I would love to see Italy one day, my favourite cuisine in the world!!!!
I could live on Italian food :)
Nice to have you with us at DC Luca. Looks like you'll fit right in!

They say the 3 beans are a religious thing, to resemble the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit :)
I also meant a few coffee beans, I just type faster than I think sometimes :LOL:
I just like the Sambuca Gold because of the shiny flecks of Gold Leaf (typical girl)
Don't like flavoured Sambuca, only clear (white) or the gold because it's just got added gold leaf. Can't understand why they would make red, blue, green etc. Gross!
I also set mine on fire to intensify the flavour :)
Yeah, Go Bokke!!!!! We take our rugby very seriously in SA. I come from Blue Bull Valley as they've dubbed Pretoria. And if you don't support the Bulls you're in Big trouble!!!!!
I'm a big rugby fan, SA boys are all such mountains of men I guess that's why SA plays good rugby :)

I would love to see Italy one day, my favourite cuisine in the world!!!!
I could live on Italian food :)
Nice to have you with us at DC Luca. Looks like you'll fit right in!

We have just "clear" Sambuca here, as far as I know. I'm a big rugby fan, too, and my number one team, after our Azzurri, are the Springboks.
And thanks, I hope I'll enjoy this tasty forum!

We have just "clear" Sambuca here, as far as I know. I'm a big rugby fan, too, and my number one team, after our Azzurri, are the Springboks.
And thanks, I hope I'll enjoy this tasty forum!

You will love it here :) Great people and many good friends to be made.
I've only been a DC member for about a month now and I feel like it's my family away from home :)

P.S Do you have a good traditional Lasagna recipe that you don't mind sharing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom