Ciao Tutto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimC

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone

This is my first day here so I thought I'd say hello.

I love to cook and it shows! I've been cooking for over 40 years now and have developed a bit of a reputation (I don't know if that's good or bad!) One thing that I can say truthfully is that no one ever refuses a dinner invitation from me.

My culinary interests are primarily Italian. Being a second generation Italian-American (and with dual Italian citizenship) it's easy to see why it's my favorite cuisine. I made my first batch of home made fresh pasta when I was 12 and haven't stopped making it since.

Although I was never a professional cook, I have done some teaching, a little catering and I just finished writing my first cookbook.

I also like to cook Thai. I studied under Kasma Loha-unchit in Oakland. Although I wouldn't consider myself an expert in Thai food, I do enjoy dabbling in it. Living in New Mexico I'm also learning about the cuisine of the Southwest. I particularly enjoy taking classes at the Santa Fe School of Cooking.

I'm sort of retired and live with my partner of 29 years and our two cats. When we're not out roaming around in our Airstream we're at home in Placitas - a small town just south of Santa Fe.

I'm looking forward to sharing, learning and meeting new friends here.

For now...
Jim

Welcome!

I've already copied your pasta and sun dried tomato recipe! Can't wait to try it.

Welcome to Discuss Cooking

Giovanni....Everyone has many things in common. We also own an Airstream.

Looking forward to sharing your recipes. Ciao Tutto...benissimo. It has been a time since I took Italian in school. To retain it...you need to practice. Aria

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

It's funny hearing (seeing) the term welcome to DC. I spent most of my life in DC before moving to New Mexico. I love that city!

Jim

Me, too, Jim. I keep wanting to hear about Farragut Square, Wisconsin Avenue or Dupont Circle.

THIS "DC" is a very different place.

Connecticut Ave was always my favorite. We lived on Cumberland St NW and loved to stroll up and down Conn Ave

Back
Top Bottom