Color Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekelly55

Assistant Cook
SW Colorado, with a view of the Grand Mesa
:eek:
Today was the official beginning of Autumn. Everyone takes a day-trip to the top of Grand Mesa to view the changing colors of the aspen and other deciduous flora. Archery season is over, black powder season is finished (?) and the main hunting season is almost upon us. I planned to have my tomatoes harvested by now, but the pumpkins are going to be finished before the 'maters turn red/orange/ it would be nice if they weren't quite so green. Because we had a late frost and everything that got started in May got clipped pretty good, I didn't put my plants out until June 5-8. I know . . . Fortunately, I like green tomatoes, fried, pickled, sliced, and am considering making green tomato sauce. My peppers did pretty well. Pablano, Banana, Cherry. Perhaps the green tomatoes could provide the base for a spicy green chile? This could be interesting. If any of you have done this, let me know. Or if you have any other suggestions. I have made green tomato pie, 2 varieties, and will try that again. I am having way too many green tomatoes to fry them all.​
:pig:

Hi
I didn't know Autumn began on different days in the US...... learn something every day.

Hi
I didn't know Autumn began on different days in the US...... learn something every day.

Sorry - I should have said "UN"- official. I awoke that particular morning to the smell and sight of fresh snow caps on the San Juans and just went into Fall panic. The Aspen have all changed above 7,000 feet, (another sign) and my pumpkins have all changed color - the geese are still hanging around, waiting for the final harvest of the feed corn and last hay cutting - they usually take off at first frost. Don't be alarmed if I declare that day the first day of Winter.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom