Cookie cutters :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have two great recipes. Sugar Cookies from SierraCook and Alix. Here is my recipe:

1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 egg
1teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour(I use half and half)
1teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
Grandulated sugar
Mix powdered sugar, margarine,egg, vanilla and almond extract. Mix in flour,baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Divide dough into halves. Roll each half 3-1/16 inch thick on lightly floured cloth-covered board. Cut into shapes.

Sprinkle with granulated sugar, place on lightly greased sheet. Bake until edges are light brown,7 to 8 minutes. About 5 dozen 2-inch cookies.

I have been using parchment paper instead of a greased sheet in baking all my cookies and it works fine. Less cleaning.

Hi imsalam,

I'm glad you have joined us. As you search through our forums you will discover great cookie recipes and many others as well.

:) Barbara
15.gif

Welcome to DC!! The "Can't Fail Sugar Cookie" recipe is VERY good!! Search the site and you will find others, there are many variations on this site. Good luck and let us know what you use!!:chef:

Hello and welcome to DC. You will be very happy here and as far as cookie receipes go our members will have plenty because they are all excellent chefs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom