Cooking and Cruising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phylomena

Assistant Cook
Hi there, we are presently living on our boat and cruising in the Pacific, and since we tend to like out of the way places, I usually do a fair amount of cooking. Went thru a stage after the kids all grew up, that cooking became automatic, nothing too great, but the last few years, I have ventured afar with loads of different recipes. When I say recipes, that is a rather loose term, I start with a recipe and then add or subtract depending what I feel like and what we have on board the boat. So we get loads of variations. Looking forward to seeing what ideas you all have to share.

Hi there, we are presently living on our boat and cruising in the Pacific, and since we tend to like out of the way places, I usually do a fair amount of cooking. Went thru a stage after the kids all grew up, that cooking became automatic, nothing too great, but the last few years, I have ventured afar with loads of different recipes. When I say recipes, that is a rather loose term, I start with a recipe and then add or subtract depending what I feel like and what we have on board the boat. So we get loads of variations. Looking forward to seeing what ideas you all have to share.

Welcome. Many of us do what you do with recipes. I look at three or four recipes for a particular dish, and see what they have in common, then come up with my own plan.

Most of us... maybe none of us... live on a boat. If you are cruising the Pacific, I'm guessing "yacht" is the more exact term -- especially if it has a galley for cooking. Sounds sweet!

I hope you become a regular here. Like I said, many, if not all of use like to "play with our food." Cooking is fun, and in the end, you get to eat good food.

CD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom