Cooper'sMom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooper'sMom

Senior Cook
Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
Hi...everyone...
I am new to this group. I would like to make new friends, learn from all of you and give good advice where I can, help in some issues on cooking if I can.

My entry name is Cooper'sMom because I am a mom to a very beautiful baby Rottweiler we named D.B. Cooper, though we call him Cooper for short (or least I do). As a mother, I am also his trainer, pretty much like raising children. I have 4 children altogether, 3 of them rightfully mine and had grown up and flew the coop to live their own lives and one of my dear husband.

I am a retired aerial photographer though I still do photography every so often, just that I do it in my own good time now. So very far from food photography but I am learning...and learning...and learning...

I think this is all what I can say about myself...hope to interact with you in the forum.

Love,
Iz

Someone has stolen my good little angel and replaced it with a little monster!:angel:

Welcome to the site. We are glad to have you here.

I am very into photography too, but since i have had kids my subject matter has changed. I used to do a lot of nature photography, but now it is all kids :) Aerial photography must have been a blast. My uncle was a photographer for years. He did not specialize in aerial, but some of his best shots were from helicopters.

Oh my! Your avatar is the exact same pose I have of my dog on my covers! LOL

img_637983_0_d6703a1d2cef8cb0ff8a838fd55507dc.jpg

Oh I love rotties! But we have sight hounds - Irish wolfhounds and a greyhound to be precise.

Welcome to DC!

Welcome Coopers mom and Cooper. So happy to have you join us..We all love cooking, eating and our fuzzie buddies. Look around and make yourself at home..If you have a question just jump right and we will help if we can.
kadesma:)

Welcome Coopers mom and Cooper. So happy to have you join us..We all love cooking, eating and our fuzzie buddies. Look around and make yourself at home..If you have a question just jump right and we will help if we can.
kadesma:)

Welcome, Cm. I love rotts, but can't have one here. Weight and height restrictions don't permit them. :mad:
Glad you could join us.
(the pic looks like a weiner. I have a well done one-black :))
Enjoy your stay.

Welcome, Coopersmom, from yet another dog-mommy foodie!

So glad you're here!!
First off, were you originally in Missouri, then in Australia, or vice-versa? In any sense, I bet we'll get some great ideas from you, and hopefully we can help out where we can too.

Thanks for all the warm welcome. I was a little bit confused trying to reply to all the posts as the site keeps shooting me off to log in everytime I push the button "Quote". So now that I push the button "Reply", I am finally able to get to write a response.

I would like to be able to answer three posts...and I cannot see their names from here. Two are from page 1. The first one mentioned an uncle doing aerial photography via a helicopter. Yes, that was my job too for a very long time it seems now...before my husband retired me with him even though at the time, I wasn't at a retired age.

The first question, also from page 1 of this post asked what D.B. is in DB Cooper (a long story). You can google the info and a whole heaps about this real guy will surface including Wikipedia. In reality, I am an Australian from Melbourne. In Australia, in all our states we have specialty beers. Melbourne is in the state of Victoria and their beer is Victoria Bitters. I cannot name my dog Victoria so I thought the South Australian beer called Coopers will be it. So I named him Coopers until DH told youngest son about our new family member and his name and sonny boy insisted his name be changed to D.B. Cooper. To satisfy everyone, since I am the mother and the trainer and have to live with him:ermm:, I call my little boy Cooper and taught him that he must respond to an emergency if we say "D.B."

Yes, JKath, I am an Australian living here in the US right now. For the last upteenth years now...:LOL: We have 3 children in Australia living their own lives and one of them live in our house over there to take care of it. He also have his own life and pay his own way too, thank the heavens for that!!

:chef:I love cooking and photographing my creation before I serve it to my dear husband...I also do other photography nowadays, just not on helicopters anymore. Been there, done that. My latest interests includes plating and food presentation. And I'd love to be able to help and love to learn from all of you. And yes, interact with all of you...in this list.

Thank you again for the warm welcome. Let's all go back to discuss cooking...!!!

The first question, also from page 1 of this post asked what D.B. is in DB Cooper (a long story). You can google the info and a whole heaps about this real guy will surface including Wikipedia. In reality, I am an Australian from Melbourne. In Australia, in all our states we have specialty beers. Melbourne is in the state of Victoria and their beer is Victoria Bitters. I cannot name my dog Victoria so I thought the South Australian beer called Coopers will be it. So I named him Coopers until DH told youngest son about our new family member and his name and sonny boy insisted his name be changed to D.B. Cooper. To satisfy everyone, since I am the mother and the trainer and have to live with him:ermm:, I call my little boy Cooper and taught him that he must respond to an emergency if we say "D.B."

wat

Back
Top Bottom