Dee from Denver...Nice to meet everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelorra

Assistant Cook
Hello...

I love to cook... and am always on the lookout for healthy low carb recipes for diabetics (me) and Celiac friendly recipes for my sister.

I was able to eat my way off of insulin shots and then off of Metformin pills and love being free from all of those meds.

At first it was hard to give up my favorite recipes...especially things I grew up eating - all those good memories...but slowly I've realized it's a mindset. I can eat right and avoid the harm to my eyes, kidneys, the nerves in my hands and feet, and heart disease or I can continue eating whatever I want.

Turns out, I feel great on mostly vegetables with 1/3 the portion of meat I used to put on my plate.

Hope to meet other diabetics who have a story of hope to tell.

I have a nice collection of gluten free recipes from cooking for my sister when she visits and found that our whole family likes the baked goods so we eat them even when my sister is not here.

Looking forward to sharing recipes with all of you.

Sunshine...

Dee Lorra

Welcome to DC! We have many members who are diabetic, and some gluten-free cooks too.

GF and Diabetic Cooks

I'd love to learn your favorite recipes...the ones that the whole family enjoy. That makes cooking so much easier.

Welcome Dee. Everyone here is very helpful, and just helped me this morning with a question about diabetic cooking. All though...I would stay far away from most my dishes as they CAUSE diabetes. :)

Hello Dee, I used to live and work in Lakewood, a very long time ago. Shrek and I are both diabetics. Hopefully we can share some recipes. Let me know what you are looking for and I can help.

Back
Top Bottom