"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 07-21-2007, 07:07 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

Send a message via Skype™ to lilyas
Boston baked beans

Candy coated peanuts, right?:) Interresting....I sort of have to look at the map for America to see the places you named, for myself.
Do tell me though, what is your interrest in cooking? I've sort of explaned the source of mine before...I'm curious

In the meantime I had exams on trauma, nefrology etc etc...But am free of it all at last so I have to commit myself to cooking now:)

Thankyou for your complete answer,

Lilyas

Old 07-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

Boston baked beans

candy coated peanuts, right?:) Interresting...
In the meantime I need to look at the places you mensioned on the map of America, I am not well with places....

I wonder, what is your interrest in cooking? I sort of explaned the source of mine. Well, now I can pay more time to it. I had previous exams, nefrology, trauma, etc., but now all is done and once more I can give attention to fun stuff:)

Well, thanks for the complete info,

Till later,

Lilyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabgourmet
Hi Lilyas! If you came to Boston, Massachusetts and wanted very "traditional" food, you would probably end up with lobster and clam chowder. New England (Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine) has a very proud history with the sea. I would say summertime grilling is a New England tradition too, but I think that's a lot of the country. Boston is known as "Beantown" because of Boston Baked Beans, but that doesn't really reflect what people actually eat anymore!

Old 07-21-2007, 07:20 AM   #13
Assistant Cook

waffel recipe

Hey:) I found this on the net and I hope it's satisfactory. It's funny though, I do not buy waffels that often but a lot of Americans coming to A'dam love it:)
I wonder what you more than anything enjoy cooking?

Recipe:
Fresh Fruit Stroopwafel TartsStroopwafels go by different names here (called honey wafers sometimes), and have different fillings ranging from caramel to honey or hazelnut. Look for them at natural food stores for starters.
apples, pears, plum (or whatever seasonal fruit you'd like)
a small tub of mascarpone cheese
vanilla extract
sugar
honey (or agave nectar)
stroopwafel cookies
Place the stroopwafels under a broiler or in a toaster oven just until their fillings heat up.
Sweeten the mascarpone with a bit of sugar (or other sweetener of your choice). Stir in a small splash of vanilla (you could also explore different liquors at this step). Spread a layer of the mascarpone across each stroopwafel.
Slice half of the fruit into thin pretty pieces and arrange on top of each tart (see photo). Cut the rest of the fruit into smaller pieces and toss in a small bowl with a bit of honey. Arrange this on top of the slices. Drizzle with a bit more honey and enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichardson
When I visited Amsterdam I had the most wonderful "waffles" I have ever tasted. They were sugary and maybe fried? Any ideas on the recipe?