ellakav

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellakav

Sous Chef
hi everyone. I just stumbled onto this site looking for a kitchen
tip. I'm not new to cooking but lately I have been doing more
and more from scratch (bread, desserts, sauces, etc) because
like most everyone else I am cost-cutting as much as possible and
to be honest I've discovered I love being in the kitchen. and I'm
good at it! :rolleyes:

welcome53.gif

Hey ellakav, nice to see you here. Hope you find the tip you are looking for. If you need any help just shout and someone will point you in the right direction. Its a pretty friendly bunch around here.

thx for the welcome, everybody. I did find my tip quite easily as a matter of fact.
now if only there was a tip to get a 2 year old to eat what you give him without
worrying about malnutrition, it would be ALL good! your children can be the
greatest ego busters in the world!!

Hi & welcome to board ! It's my pleasure to be here and Pleased to meet you nice people here.

Welcome, Ellakav! You have come to the right place. There is a wide variety of cooks here from newbie to trained chef and everyone is so great about sharing ideas and tips!

thanx everyone. now I have a question. I have a real passion for baking,
but there is one thing I have never done and am about to do it now-baking
a cake from scratch. it's the one thing I never did and I'm freaking out!!
any tips or sage advice??

First thing about baking a scratch cake is, don't freak out, it is not as scary as it seems!

With cooking "a little of this and a little of that" works well. However, in baking, it is important to measure your ingredients carefully. Fill a measuring cup with flour, don't shake or tap it, and run a straight edge over the top. If it says to sift, or to mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl, do it.

Just relax, and have fun with it. Start with a very basic recipe first - I would actually suggest doing a chocolate cake first rather than a white one.

If you need recipes, just check out the cakes forum here! There are many TNT ones to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom