Elvis has entered the building

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The King

Assistant Cook
Hi there, I thought I'd post an introduction thread to introduce myself.

I'm an Englishman with a love of cooking. I get quite opinionated about cooking, but I guess I'm in good company here.
I'm the inventor of the five-course pastie, an ex-sous chef and I love Heston Blumenthal's attitude to cookery (although all his "In Search of Perfection" cooking generally needs a pinch of salt).
My sense of smell lets me down as I have allergic rhinitis and have to be told when I've set something on fire 50% of the time, but I don't let this stop me believing I know better and can do better.;)

I've been experimenting with brewing lately and managed some spiced carrot souffles last night without even use of scales.

I'm familiar with the historic entree and dessert in one but 5 courses???? That has to be quite a challenge to say the least!!

Welcome to Discuss Cooking!

Welcom from a fellow Brit, but not in Britain!! I too think Heston is fab & would love to eat at his restaurant!

King, I would love the details of your five-course pastie! By the way,welcome!

I couldn't give you a link to my blog as I've not posted here enough, apparently, but if you Google 'kingpippin pastie' you'll find it.

To be frank it needs to be repeated and improved on, but I've got a barrell of beer next on my cooking list and the ingredients have been sitting around for a fortnight already, so it won't be for a while.

Elvis has entered my avatar........:ermm:

LOL

Welcom from a fellow Brit, but not in Britain!! I too think Heston is fab & would love to eat at his restaurant!

Fat Duck would be amazing. I just need £100+ to save and about a year's worth of patience whilst I wait my turn on the booking list. that place is popular.

Back
Top Bottom