Evenin' from SC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thryne

Assistant Cook
:chef: Transplanted New Yorker living in rural south carolina. How's that for culture shock. Lovin' every minute of it. Miss some of the great NYS food tho!

Hi, Thryne. Welcome to DC. Buck and transplanted from Washington, D.C. to our home here in rural western Kentucky about 14 years ago. Yep, culture shock here, too, but we're lovin' life here. Now we can't imagine living back in the "big" city.

Get comfortable and enjoy your stay here at DC. We're a fun bunch. We're glad you've found us.

Welcome to DC Miss Thryne! I've never experienced "cultural shock" as you describe it. I am an American by Birth & A Southerner by the Grace fo God!!:LOL: Give it time! You will love SC.

Have Fun & Enjoy!

There is plenty of good eats in SC. I go to NY and I find the quality just as good as the Charleston Grill, Pennsula Grill and Figs in Charleston and Devereaux’s and Brown Street in Greenville. Of course if you are near Columbia SC you are screwed. I do like NY delis and we need some of that in SC. But overall we have fine dining and do it well. There are others in SC that are great just not in Columbia.

Back
Top Bottom