Feelin' like a newbie...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erik

Sous Chef
Hey...after an internet sababtical, I'm back. I needed some time off, due to some changes in my life. I changed jobs, going from a chef/manager in a restaurant kitchen, to a chef position for a corporation feeding college students.

Bottom line is, I miss you all, and I will try to be back a little more often.

Happy Holidays to you all!!!

Good to See You, Erik

Feeding college students? You think that will be challenge to please them? don't they always want burger and fries? Or pizza? I think you have good chance to let them experience good food. Or do you have to follow certain menu standards? Anyway, it truly does sound different. I wish you lots of luck and oh, good to see you back.

do you get off during Christmas and New Year? I imagine at restaurant that was never allowed.

In the Kitchen said:
Feeding college students? You think that will be challenge to please them? don't they always want burger and fries? Or pizza? I think you have good chance to let them experience good food. Or do you have to follow certain menu standards? Anyway, it truly does sound different. I wish you lots of luck and oh, good to see you back.

do you get off during Christmas and New Year? I imagine at restaurant that was never allowed.
Actually they are pretty good healthy eaters...it's basically cafeteria style...but with great choices. We have a sautee stations that usually either has a stirfry or pasta entree, cooked to order, a "homestyle" buffet line with various choices of cooked entrees, and a pizza and sandwich station.

I get to put my own twists on the basic corporate recipes.

I do have to follow nutritional standard...and cater to many special diets.

I have a long break coming up for the holidays, but I have to fill in at a the corporations coffee shop (LIKE A STARBUCKS) to earn my pay while the student workers are gone.

Last edited:
OMG - look who the cat drug in!!!!!! Welcome Back Erik!!!! Wow - some big changes going on that's for sure. My son lives on sushi at school - go figure.

ITK - you'd be surprised how many college students love good, healthy food. It's those 1:00 a.m. pizzas that "get them". :LOL:

Times have changed since I was a college student.

Soup and salad bar?

We hit the giant vats of peanut butter and jelly pretty hard in my day.

College food is why I still don't like shepherd's pie.

Lucky kids these days...........

Back
Top Bottom