Found you via Google, should prove interesting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonbomber

Assistant Cook
Howdy folks,

My name is rAy and I'm from North Carolina. I am a very basic cook overall but I learn more all the time. My favorite things to cook include manicotti, hot sauces, and various chicken and shrimp dishes. I started growing my own peppers this year for use in pico de gallo, homemade hot sauces, general every day meals, and also in my speciality: extra spicy corn muffins. You would have been able to see the photo I attempted to attach of my last batch of hot pepper corn muffins, but I will repost later when I've posted enough to earn that privelege.

I probably get the most props for the muffins. I began cooking hot pepper biscuits using a recipe from my grandmother about 10 years ago a little while after I moved here from upstate New York. Then I moved to biscuick for speed, then moved to Jiffy corn muffin mix for flavor and texture of the item. Then in the past year I have moved from Jiffy mix to a local NC brand of self-rising corn meal muffin mix that is inexpensive, has a rich corn texture that suits the peppers well, and also bakes consistently across batches so long as I add the right amounts in. The Flickr comments I left for the photos may explain my method, but I generally marinate the pepper mixtures for hours to weeks in a combination of seasonings, hot sauces, mustards, and so forth. Sometimes I use my own sauces and sometimes the marinade is using other commercial sauces in various amounts. I use Texas Pete
most of any sauce, as a base sauce for quantity, then other sauces such as El Yucateco's habanero sauces, and others.

I rather long intro, but I get excited about peppers and baking. I have never had a complaint about them except maybe they were too spicy for the person. ;) Well, I hope to find various topics to contribute to, especially since I am just starting to get into dehydrating my excess peppers for later use.

Three Cheers for Ray!

Well, if you promise not to tell anyone...I was born/raised in California, moved to upstate NY in junior high, and moved here to NC after high school. So I'm not a home-grown Tar Heel. ;)

Glory Ray, Pass the hat and Praise! You were saved before it was too late!:ermm::ohmy:

Before the California coast broke off into the ocean you mean. My wife will never allow us to move back there no matter what sort of job I managed to get. She is terrified of earthquakes.

Back
Top Bottom