From Italy with love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fos87

Assistant Cook
Hello, my name is Lucia and I'm from Carate, a little city near Milan. I'm 26 years old, I graduated in Philosophical Sciences and I love cooking. I'm not really good with english so please, be merciful.

Italian is such a beautiful language that any English mistakes you might make will be immediately forgiven. Welcome to DC.

Hello, my name is Lucia and I'm from Carate, a little city near Milan. I'm 26 years old, I graduated in Philosophical Sciences and I love cooking. I'm not really good with english so please, be merciful.

Welcome to DC. As I have said before we all speak the same language here. The language of Food. So don't worry about your language. We will understand what you are saying. We have members from all over the world and haven't had a problem yet understanding them. We love learning new foreign expressions. It keeps us on our toes. :angel:

Your English is fine, far better than my Italian :) (I did study it, but I've forgotten most of what I learned). I once dated a native French speaker. When I introduced him to my parents, my dad said "his English isn't very good." To which I replied, "but his French is a lot better than yours, Dad." That was the only time my dad ever commented on that boyfriend's English. CharlieD and Addie are right--this forum is about a shared love for food. We don't get hung up on language. There are many DCers who do not speak English as their native tongue. They are all part of the DC family and welcome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom