From someone who likes to dabble in the kitchen...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheriturn

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone! I found this site while doing a search on Flavorwave vs Nuwave ovens! (I have a Flavorwave and just saw an infomercial for the NuWave and was curious if there was a difference.) I am a kitchen gadget junkie, I guess you could say. My stepdaughter flipped out when she saw me use a special v-shaped tool to cut the top off a watermelon - to use it as a boat for fruit salad!

I love to cook, but I'm a lazy chef. If it has too many ingredients, or takes hours and hours, forget it! I also get frustrated because I live in a small rural town (in the midwest) and many ingredients for recipes I see on TV (like Rachel Ray's show) are just not available around here - grrrrr! This forum looks like a lot of fun - I've been exploring the small appliances area and see a LOT of interesting threads. I look forward to participating here!

Last edited:
Welcome to DC Cheri.

I am a recovering kitchen gizmo-aholic. Finally learned that there are a limited number of tools that I need to cook.

And I can sit through most infomercials and only have to suppress myself a bit to keep from dialing the 800 number.

Last purchase: the shark knife sharpener. Now I have a great knife sharpening systen, different hones and a gadget that lets me set the angles. This is not a gizmo, it is a real knife sharpening tool.

Purchased this only because we were going to a rental apartment that had a kitchen and all the utensils supplied. Knew the knives would be dull and ya can't take a chef's knife on the plane. They frown on that. So I called the 800 number for the shark, hoping it would work a bit to sharpen the cutlery.

OK, ya gotta be a bit of a nut to carry your own knife sharpener.

Unfortunately the thing was delivered after we left. Phooey.

Well, maybe next time.

Howdy cheriturn. Not much available in my dinky town either, or the next closest "city", but I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway :LOL:

Welcome.

Hello cheriturn and welcome! I live in Marion, Ohio, just sort of a whole bunch of people to be a city thank goodness. But when I'm trying a recipe from elsewhere I can get irritated in the grocery stores. Oh well :)

i sympathize with your frustration cheriturn...it is a bit of a drive to the closest "big" grocery store for me

Welcome cheriturn:
I, too, am a new member and I have a warning for you.
Do everything you have to do for the day before you log on.
Otherwise, you will spend all day on DC
I can't seem to get anything done because I have to read just one more post.
Oh, well, those other things can wait.
Gotta go. I may be missing a new post.

Thank you for all your kind welcomes! Glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets frustrated in the grocery store! :LOL: I'll have to remember to get everything done before I log on here. Happy cooking!

Back
Top Bottom