From within the meat room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt the Butcher

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone, allow me to introduce myself. Names Matt. I love cooking and work as a meat-cutter for a local grocery store...I'm still in my apprenticeship though. Anyway, I am a member of forums for all my other hobbies, paintballing, motorcycles, diy, so why not cooking. I am the cook in the household which works out good as my wife doesn't like to cook and my son being only 16 months old can do much more than get the pans out and open and close the dishwasher door. I wanted to expand my knowledge a little bit (aside from textbook readings) and see what others have done with their food. I'm kind of alone here with no friends that cook or family that is far away. So that's my intro, see you on the board.

Welcome. Cooking can create new friendships that introduce you to folk who have your interests .... when I moved here I knew no one at all, and most I met didn't really have any interest in cooking and eating. Eventually I wound up with a circle of friends who loved both. So plug away.

As for your child, I recommend finding a lower cabinet or drawer and putting a bunch of cooking equipment that is safe and letting him have at it. Mom did that with my youngest sister at an early age. Things like pot lids, plastic containers. She never encouraged her to play with it, let her think she was being a bit naughty. She'd be out from underfoot and having a great time.

Back
Top Bottom