"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #11
Assistant Cook

Hello taxlady, thanks so much for the welcome.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Hello, Pho!

Top Left, directly under "Home" is the "User CP", clicking on that will take you to YOUR Control Panel and your picture albums. I did send you a link from the Help Desk on the Community Rules, in any case there is a link for them at the bottome of every page. If you can get a screen shot of what you are getting i might be able to help, but my brain is not doing well with description tonight...it wants a picture. (Spoiled rotten,
it is)

Be patient, as I am heading to bed so I can get up and go to my real job in the morning. I'll see what I can do, but I'm more of the meet and greet Admin, not the techie Admin.

Anyway, Welcome to DC...Kylie can tell you who does and does not know what Vegemite is...I do know and I love the stuff...even though I am a Yank. have a G'day, nice Arvo and Cheerio!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #13
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Hi Pho! I'm glad you joined us!
Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

Thanks for your help Fiona, my problem is not finding the forum rules, your link was perfect thank you, but actually SIGNING them. The program tells me when I log on that I haven't signed them, and I cannot see anywhere on the forum rules page to do it, and what's worse I AM wearing my new specs.

I can still get in to the site obviously so I guess it's no big deal really, and I have read the rules. In fact I've read the pesky things until I know them backwards () trying to find where to sign or click or whatever. Having read them, inwardly digested them, agreed with them and tried to obey the computer's message, I am now quite happy to totally ignore the message and put the experience down to the computer having got out of the wrong side of it's bed this morning.

Thanks again for trying to assist. i appreciate it. Sweet dreams.

Pho.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Hi Pho! I'm glad you joined us!
Thanks Barb. I LOVE your crazy avatar!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Anyway, Welcome to DC...Kylie can tell you who does and does not know what Vegemite is...I do know and I love the stuff...even though I am a Yank. have a G'day, nice Arvo and Cheerio!
I sure can

Fiona loves it Derek, especially some of it spread at the bottom of a tomato tart
Old 10-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocaena View Post
Thanks for your help Fiona, my problem is not finding the forum rules, your link was perfect thank you, but actually SIGNING them. The program tells me when I log on that I haven't signed them, and I cannot see anywhere on the forum rules page to do it, and what's worse I AM wearing my new specs.

I can still get in to the site obviously so I guess it's no big deal really, and I have read the rules. In fact I've read the pesky things until I know them backwards () trying to find where to sign or click or whatever. Having read them, inwardly digested them, agreed with them and tried to obey the computer's message, I am now quite happy to totally ignore the message and put the experience down to the computer having got out of the wrong side of it's bed this morning.

Thanks again for trying to assist. i appreciate it. Sweet dreams.

Pho.
Okie Dokie! Do me a favor, copy and paste this post into a "Contact Us"
so I can hand it through the cage bars to the code monkeys along with a box of chocolates and a Red Bull, see if they can fix the glitch.

Have a fantastic day!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:05 AM   #18
Assistant Cook

Mission accomplished! Sent via "contact us" as per your request/suggestion/orders.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi Pho. My son has a Maltese also. The most ornery thing you ever want to meet. He hates baths and when you take him for one of his three walks during the day, the first thing he does is lay down on the biggest patch of lawn he can find and drag himself across it and get filthy all over again. When he can't get his way, he sulks and gets very petulant. His favorite food is Meow Mix. Cat food. Dumb dog. Doesn't even know he is a dog. Spoiled rotten. He is just loved to death.

My first husband was from England. Born and raised in the Lakes District. Cockermouth. He had more of a Scottish brogue than an English accent. Any time he got mad at any of the children, his brogue got thicker. The kids would start to laugh because they couldn't understand a word he was saying.

I too am 73 and a widow twice. DC is a fun place. Lots of laughs, recipes and opinions of how to make a simple dish like boiling water. All my kids are out on their own, but Son #1 stops by every day to check (with Teddy in tow) on me. I love to bake. I make cranberry pumpkin bread every year to be sold at the church fair in November. They are the first food items to sell out. I wanted to make something different this year, but was informed by the Fair Committee that I could do that only if I made the Pumpkin loafs also.

Beware! This forum is addictive.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocaena View Post
Mission accomplished! Sent via "contact us" as per your request/suggestion/orders.
I got it passed on to the right folks who can see what's gone wrong.