G'day from Queensland.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Addie and Josie for the welcome.

Addie - Maltese are the most dumped type of dog according to a recent survey. I believe that owners who do not take the trouble to train their dogs early in life, are to blame if their dog's behaviour is not what they require. Maltese are extremely intelligent dogs and Cooky has seldom shown any naughty traits. Unlike his owner who occasionally misbehaves a bit. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thank you Addie and Josie for the welcome.

Addie - Maltese are the most dumped type of dog according to a recent survey. I believe that owners who do not take the trouble to train their dogs early in life, are to blame if their dog's behaviour is not what they require. Maltese are extremely intelligent dogs and Cooky has seldom shown any naughty traits. Unlike his owner who occasionally misbehaves a bit. :ROFLMAO:

Teddy is my son's dog. But he is slowly taking over my life. My son brings him here every day. I had a roast beef sandwich the other day. He sat there staring at me and licking my feet until I gave in. I had a bath mat next to the tub. It was nice and soft. He discovered it when he followed me in there. The next day he dragged it out into the living room where we were sitting so he could lay down on it. When his water bowl is empty, he pushes it out into the middle of my living room until someone trips over it. (Mostly me!) He also pushes his food dish out into the middle of the floor when he wants to eat. He also jumps up on my lap when he wants treats. He definitely understand words like bath, rain, No!, and a few others that he doesn't like. I hate to say it, but Teddy is my master. :angel:

Teddy is my son's dog. But he is slowly taking over my life. My son brings him here every day. I had a roast beef sandwich the other day. He sat there staring at me and licking my feet until I gave in. I had a bath mat next to the tub. It was nice and soft. He discovered it when he followed me in there. The next day he dragged it out into the living room where we were sitting so he could lay down on it. When his water bowl is empty, he pushes it out into the middle of my living room until someone trips over it. (Mostly me!) He also pushes his food dish out into the middle of the floor when he wants to eat. He also jumps up on my lap when he wants treats. He definitely understand words like bath, rain, No!, and a few others that he doesn't like. I hate to say it, but Teddy is my master. :angel:

Now Teddy is one very smart Maltese, Addie. You just have to be smarter, I wish you well!

It's a bit like that with Cooky - he wins some and I win some and we respect each other, in fact he's my best mate. He drinks his tepid weak tea out of a wide cup not a bowl. He thinks he's one of us, and that's OK with me after all he IS part of the family. He's the only dog I've ever heard of who will lick a finger after It's been dipped in rum and blackcurrant.

Now if I could just train him to sleep under our bed on Mamabear's side instead of mine I'd be a happy man. He has a bad habit of passing wind in his sleep. I just wish I could get him to share.

Last edited:
I love Teddy. I wish I could have a dog of my own. We can have pets here, but I can't take it out for walks, and certainly can't afford the trips to the vet. I am a firm believer that if you can't afford to take care of a pet properly and for the benefit of the animal, then you shouldn't have one. So my son is only too happy to share Teddy with me. BTW, I noticed that he has those brown streaks from his eyes. They have a product called "Angel Eyes". You put it in their food and after a few days that waxy secretion will stop. That secretion happens when they get excited. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom