Getting to know you getting to know all about you..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille

A thread like this reminds one that any opportunity to dress is an opportunity to overdress...:shifty:
I live in northern NJ with my two kids, Mark 20 a senior in college, and Coco a freshman in college. My oldest decided to commute this year, and my dolly is moving out in three weeks. My husband and I (married 1983) no longer live together but are still very good friends. He's got a great girlfriend and I'm in love:wub: with a great guy from South Philly. My home is often refered to as 1313 Mockingbird lane. Personally, I'm a walking contradiction. I've got 11 tattoos, like to dabble in blood, worship no god save myself, yet I have never turned down a person in need, nor leave anyone wanting who comes across my path. I may also be the most politically incorrect person you may ever meet.

I'm an executive chef with one of the world's largest dining services. I worked my way up the corporate ladder with smoke and mirrors..haha, just kidding. But I did work my way up by watching and keeping my mouth shut. Actually, that's a lie, too. It's impossible for me to keep my mouth shut, I live for confrontation. But, I really really really did work my way up from cold prep to executive chef.

Lou and I love going to Jazz Standard in NYC, love going down the shore, love New Orleans and Boston (both for the ghosts), love drinking to excess (rum especially), hanging out in the hot tub on nice evenings, like to bike ride, love drinking wine (reds, mostly californian, with the odd northwest) love the moon, thunderstorms, and I'm an absolute freak for a good foot massage. We also enjoy wonderful meals either prepared together or when you can get it, by someone else. I've never been happier in my whole life.

Oh, the line in my title is from Sunset Strip. Quoting movie lines is another favourite of mine.

Hi I am Cindy and I live in Desert Hot Springs, which is right outside of Palm Springs. I live with my DP and Mother who I take care of. We have 2 dogs who are like are children. I have a daughter who is getting married in May 2007 and is about to be 28. Favorite food is almost everything. Nothing exotic.

I'm Angie (bet that was a shocker) from Iowa....the land of corn and pork and beef!

I work in the Disbursements department of a honkin' huge insurance/annuities company, dealing with annuities.

I'm married (7 yrs), a part time mom to a wonderful 10 yr old stepdaughter, have two spoiled rotten Shiba Inus (see them to your left) and have been trying for a child of our own for a year now.

I'm 34, have a close knit family with a newest addition who is almost 6 mths old, my niece Mayson who has Down Syndrome. She is my sweetie!

I haven't been on here for a while, been busy, many excuses...but I do love this place. Great people.

Fave food? Chocolate for sure. Add a little coffee to it and I'm in heaven!

Hello everyone!

I'm Jan and am one of the 4 Js..........June, Jean, Jen and Jan.:)

I've lived in Alexandria, Va, Chattanooga, TN, Monterey CA, Ft Huachuca AZ, Stuttgart, Munich and Heidelberg Germany, State College PA, Annapolis MD and now just south of Atlanta.

I never had an interest in cooking until I moved to Germany and had to learn to give parties. When I got married, I actually served my husband scrambled hamburger served with canned potatos and canned gravy. He must have really loved me.

I bought the 20 book set of the Grand Diplome Cooking Course and would pick a dinner to make when company came over. The dinners also had wine pairings thank goodness.

We had to entertain quite frequently and cooking was no longer a chore, in fact it turned into a joy. The largest party I cooked for, at my house was dinner for 100. My husband loved to entertain at home. He felt it was more intimate.

Then my boys (now 31 and 32) began football and I cooked for their buddies all the time. That was huge cooking...trying to fill up 10 6'5" hungry jocks.

Now it is Mr HB, 2 rescued lab mixes (Roxanne and Amber) and myself. Cooking for 2 was the hardest thing I had to learn to do and I still haven't mastered it. I usually make dinner for 4 and freeze the leftovers.

I think Greek is my favorite food. I was lucky enough to visit the Med a few years ago and fell in love with Greece.

Last edited:
Hello, my name is Ryan and I'm an alcohol...oops wrong thread.

Anyway, my age is on my profile, and I currently reside in Honolulu, HI, hence my location. Yes, Hawaii is the SPAM eating capitol of the world, although I've read that Guam is not too far behind. I was born and raised in Hawaii and am a graduate of the University of Hawaii as well as Western Culinary Institute in Portland, OR. Some of the places that I've worked at include (in no particular order) The Portland Hilton Executive Towers, The Seattle Hilton, The Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort and Spa, The JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa, and the Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills. I worked my way up to as high as Chef Tournant before taking a job focusing more on front of the house operations. My specialties include Asian Fusion and Nouveau French cuisine. I've held or worked at pretty much almost every position in a restaurant including the two most glamorous: dishwasher and busser. And I believe that there is nothing better than a fine Burgundy.

Back
Top Bottom