Go Bucks! Newbie from Cbus, Ohio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all! Found this board on some random search for a recipe question, don't even remember what I was hunting at this point. I've been cooking for years, and am dam good at it, but have recently branched out and am looking to improve my skills to master level. I am loving the advice, suggestions and ideas that I have read here, and I look forward to learning more and passing on to others the little bit that I DO know! Oh, and btw, I have a bday in a little less than two weeks, feel free to send any food related gifts that your heart desires, I have a special affinity for kitchen gadgets and obscure spices :LOL:. Nice to meet you all!

Lisa, I have a teeny, tiny connection to OSU from back in the last Ice Age. When I was in the high school band in northeast Ohio, our music teacher told us that when he attended OSU, during the Bucks' halftime shows he dotted the "I" in the script Ohio. Well, it impressed us at the time -- Ohio State had a terrific marching band. Don't know if they even do the script anymore, so this might be not only tremendously unimportant, but incomprehensible. :)

Lisa, I have a teeny, tiny connection to OSU from back in the last Ice Age. When I was in the high school band in northeast Ohio, our music teacher told us that when he attended OSU, during the Bucks' halftime shows he dotted the "I" in the script Ohio. Well, it impressed us at the time -- Ohio State had a terrific marching band. Don't know if they even do the script anymore, so this might be not only tremendously unimportant, but incomprehensible. :)
My hubby graduated from OSU and we still get lots of stuff from them. Lizzie, you better believe they still do the script!! I went to high school in NE OH too and my music teacher/band director graduated from OSU too. He even adapted the script for our band to spell West and the dance team made the G for West Geauga. We honored someone with dotting the G.

Welcome to DC Lisaluvstocook! I think you'll enjoy the community here.

My hubby graduated from OSU and we still get lots of stuff from them. Lizzie, you better believe they still do the script!! I went to high school in NE OH too and my music teacher/band director graduated from OSU too. He even adapted the script for our band to spell West and the dance team made the G for West Geauga. We honored someone with dotting the G.

Welcome to DC Lisaluvstocook! I think you'll enjoy the community here.

Small world, isn't it? But you got some 'splainin' to do, Ricky. How do you dot a G?

D'oh. I was on the script G bus, hunting for a dot.

Hearing that OSU fight song still brings a tear - and I didn't even go there.

Back
Top Bottom