Good Afternoon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kater

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I joined this forum today, and am looking forward to discussing cooking, recipes and recipe ideas, and most likely asking for advice from time to time. I enjoy cooking and trying new dishes.

I live in a smallish but vibrant town in Oklahoma and am excited to be in/on this forum. I've never joined a forum before, so please direct me if you see me veering the wrong direction.

Kater

Thank you, everyone!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I am experiencing cooking doldrums right now; it's hot and nothing sounds really good. Add to that that it is hard to work up motivation to cook every night after work.

Does anyone have a favorite go-to recipe for when it's blazing hot and/or you just can't think of anything you'd like to cook and eat?

Once again, thanks for the wecoming greetings!

Kater said:
I am experiencing cooking doldrums right now; it's hot and nothing sounds really good.

Welcome Kater, I'm new here as well. If nothing sounds good stick around.

Every time I log on I find new inspiration.

:)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I am experiencing cooking doldrums right now; it's hot and nothing sounds really good. Add to that that it is hard to work up motivation to cook every night after work.

Does anyone have a favorite go-to recipe for when it's blazing hot and/or you just can't think of anything you'd like to cook and eat?

Once again, thanks for the wecoming greetings!
Hi and welcome to DC Kater.

When it's hot and I don't feel like cooking, I like to throw together a "meal salad". That's some lettuce and any other "salad vegis" I have and feel like using, some chopped up protein - leftover cooked meat, hard boiled eggs, cheese, tuna - whatever I have that appeals, some croutons if I have them, capers, maybe some olives, and some salad dressing or mayo. You could even toss in some leftover cooked vegis or pasta.

Welcome, Kater! :) I know what you mean, I get the cooking doldrums when it's hot, too. Looking forward to soups and stews season! :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom