"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Old 06-04-2006, 04:09 AM   #11
Head Chef
I don't mind British, you are right re Brit though Ishbel, and I apologise!

As I said I don't mind British, the caveat being that I remain proud of my roots from England, Scotland Wales and Ireland...so I really am British, but I am English too. Its very sad that in "British" culture we have a tendancy to celebrate things from everywhere but England yet still some people use British and English interchangably, which is fair on none of the British Isles.

lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:54 AM   #12
Executive Chef
It's interesting to see how many flags of St George are flying from buildings and cars in London, in support of the English football team. I was amazed to see it recently - but it's great to see the English have finally wrested that symbol back from the BNP! In Scotland, the Saltire is very much in evidence, but the English have been much less up-front in promoting their 'own' flag, rather than the Union one.

Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote