Good Evening from Florida!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myrab51

Assistant Cook
Hello there,

Mainly, I work full time and have teens. It feels like we never stop. I have to write household days into the calendar. In between all of that, I try to get into my kitchen. I love to cook, and it is a real stress buster for me.

I grew up next to an airbase, so I have learned bits and pieces about all sorts of ethnic foods, plus my two best friends are Korean and Chinese, so I have learned to cook a good deal of their favorite foods from them.

At heart though, I am a southern girl. I just have had to learn to readjust some of my recipes to make them a little healthier through the years. I like to cook things from scratch, when I can.

I am pretty new to canning. I have done some small batch preserves batches with a steam canner, but I started reading up and switched to a pressure canner. I have a small garden, which I am hoping to expand over the next couple of years. We have chickens and ducks, as pets with benefits.

Pinterest gets me into trouble.

Welcome to DC, myrab. :flowers: Sounds like you're a busy mom - jump right on in when you can! Lots of forums to choose from. :)

Welcome to DC. This place is full of fun, information and a lot of good laughs. At one time I had four teens living in the house at the same time. I am lucky to have survived it. But that lasted only for one year. The oldest boy left home and got married. So I know from experience, you have your hands full.

I am alone now. Have outlived two husbands. And am not looking for a third victim. :wacko: Buying them cost too much money that I could spend on shopping instead.

I too cook from scratch. More out of necessity than any other reason. When the kids were growing up, I think I spent more time in the kitchen than any other room in the house. But it was worth it. They all turned out to be excellent cooks and now cook from scratch also. They had no choice. They all had turns in the kitchen learning to peel veggies, how to salt, season, etc. And once the fun part was over, they all had turns not only setting the table correctly before the meal, but washing the dishes after. Including the pots and pans. They learned real quickly, how to put a pot to use for more than one chore. One less pot to wash. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom