Good Evening. May I Join The Fun?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golfgar4

Senior Cook
Hello All,

My name is Garry Summers, and my wife and I are full time RV'ers that are having a great time traveling around this great country. :)

We retried in 2005 (I was 55 and she was 53), although today she turned 55. We're originally from Wisconsin, and since leaving, we've already traveled from coast to coast. We're currently in southern California, but on May 1st, we'll be arriving at Yellowstone National Park where we get to spend the entire summer.

Since we started traveling, I've gotten bit by the dutch oven cooking bug. I'm slowly trying different recipes and getting a "feel" for this great way of cooking.

I'm looking forward to participating with this forum, especially the Outdoor Cooking forum. I hope I also can contribute from to time.

Welcome to DC Garry,
I'm sure you will enjoy all of the topics we have to offer.Outdoor cooking has a nice group that will help and share tips and ideas gladly.

kadesma:)

Welome to you and your wife.
My DH & I RV'd since 1972. We did the Coast to Coast and points in between until I lost him last Oct. What a wonderful life..enjoy
Marge

"Outdoor Cooking forum. " - What outdoor cooking forum?????:ermm:

geez, guess I'd better look around here more....

Garry, my husband and I are semi-retired (well, I'm fully, he's not yet - I took him to raise... :rolleyes: ) and are just getting into longer and longer trips in our 5th wheel. We'll never (should not say 'never' I guess) go full time, we love our home/location too much, but we sure are looking forward to longer trips in another year or so.

think I'd better go check out that outdoor forum -

Welcome Garry! Wow! You're living the life my DH and I dream of. We are a little young (40's) to think of that for the time being though! So happy you are living your dream! Welcome aboard!

Dove said:
Welome to you and your wife.
My DH & I RV'd since 1972. We did the Coast to Coast and points in between until I lost him last Oct. What a wonderful life..enjoy
Marge

What's RV'd? Ignorance is a special thing I guess.:ROFLMAO:

Thanks to all for the nice welcome.

Jikoni - RV'd or RV'ng is traveling around the country in a Recreational Vehicle, such as a travel trailer, a 5th wheel trailer, or a motorhome. In our case, after we retired, we sold our house and bought a 40' motorhome that we live in full time as we travel.

Please feel free to visit our web page (listed in my profile) to see some of the things that full timing is all about.

Welcome, Garry. I am glad that you found us. It will be fun for us to hear what different locations you and your wife are going to be at.:) You are living my dream.:rolleyes:

Hello Garry and welcome to DC. Traveling all around the country sounds really great and you and your wife get to see so many wonderful sights. I live in Southern California but am thinking of taking a trip either this year or next year to see the Grand Canyon.

I heard it is beautiful and you will will learn a lot about Dutch Oven cooking from this wonderful cooking site.

Hi Jill and Jolie,

We're in So. California right now. Specifically, we're in Big River, CA just across the Colorado River from Parker, AZ. Wehaven't made it to the Grand Canyon yet, but we will! Our next stop is Sedona for a week at the end of the month, and then on to Yellowstone. We'll spending the summer with our best friends there, so I'm going to get A LOT of practice with the DO! :cool:

Ciao Garry! Glad to have you with us!! Sounds like you live an exciting, interesting life, we would love to hear about some of your travel stories as well as cooking ideas. But most of all, have fun!!:)

Welcome, Garry. I read a book a few years ago (well, I should say maybe 2 decades ago) written by an RV'er and his long suffering DW and it was such fun reading----it sounded like a lot of great adventures along with all of the problems that go with it. The author was hilarious. Hope that you are keeping a journal and maybe one day we'll read about your RV adventures. Good luck in the culinary department.

Hi, Garry! Nice to have you join us. You're doing what a lot of us would love to do. More power to you. Do you plan to "walk" on the new glass walkway at the Grand Canyon?

So you've been bitten by the Dutch oven bug. You might want to pick Uncle Bob's brain. He's a member here and is a real outdoor cooker.

urmaniac13 said:
Ciao Garry! Glad to have you with us!! Sounds like you live an exciting, interesting life, we would love to hear about some of your travel stories as well as cooking ideas. But most of all, have fun!!:)

Boy, I can't believe the number of members that are from foreign countries! Of course, if you're one of them, you're not from a foreign country, are you? We are! :LOL:

We actually have an on line journal that we use to communicate with our family and friends and to let everyone know what we're up to. You're more than welcome to visit it and make comments. I've listed it as our homepage in my profile. But just in case, here's the link to it: We're On The Road

I only ask one thing of visitors to the journal. If you would like to make a comment to any of the posts that we've made, please make sure that you identify yourself. If you're not a member of Live Journal, you'll be an anonymous poster and we won't know who made the post without you telling us.

Please come join us on our adventure. And if you have trouble sleeping at night, log on to it. You'll be asleep in minutes! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom