Good morning from Sweet Home Alabama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Southern Cookin'

Assistant Cook
This is my first visit, and I just want to get acquainted this morning. I'm newly retired and loving it! Working with State government all those years has given me a deep appreciation for less stress! Now I'm happily doing all those landscaping projects that I never had time for, whipping my house back into the shape I want it...who knows, when I finish cleaning out all these closets we may just know what happened to Jimmy Hoffa! I'm also cooking to my hearts content (just set three loaves of bread for the second rising) and spending more time with my PERFECT :)lol:) grandchildren. They are 5-(and one half they'll remind you)-year-old identical triplet girls named Jordan, Allison & Madelyn. We call them the JAM sisters, and what can I say? They truly are a gift from God. It's like I tell my daughter - grandchildren are your reward for not killing your children!

I hope to hear from some of you soon! Until then, happy cooking from a daughter of the South!

Howdy from Australia.

All kids are a gift from god and change your life in the best way. I adore my two kids, and with one on the way I can't wait. Identical triplets wow, that must be rare. Get them off to a tattoo artist and get 1,2 and 3 tattoo'd on each of their heads .

I want to know who really shot JFK, let me know when you have the answer.

triplets! Wow! I love that JAM sisters, that is just great!!
Welcome to DC!!

img_630899_0_33279951b00315ff4946e1b575ba6367.gif

Good morning Knight76! I truly believe that Lee Harvey Oswald shot President Kennedy. All these conspiracy theories give me a huge pain in the back end. Now I'm not saying he acted on his own, but I do believe he was the long gunman. A book about Mafia boss Sam Giancana can cast some light on the "why", but I think the "who" has been answered. BTW, the name of the book is Triple Cross. I cannot remember the author's name. It's been some years since I read it.

Last edited:
Well it truly is a small world! I grew up in Ore City, a map dot about 25 miles north of Longview! In May I spent a few days in Murchison with my favorite cousin who lives there. We were on our way to trade day at Canton when the tornado hit. Would have already been there had we not stopped at Edom Bakery for breakfast.

Welcome to DC, Southern Cookin'! You will find alot of caring and knowledgeable people here, who will teach you a bunch of good things, warm your heart and brighten your spirit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom