Good to be here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BCEagle

Assistant Cook
Not very many guys on this forum but many men cook for pleasure and for a livelyhood. I worked in PTV and interned with Julia Child. What an experience to be with such a gracious woman and her equally thoughtfukl husband.
Since an early retirement my wife and I now own a smallish horse farm and also do craft shows on the side. I make soap and altered books and boxes. My wife is just a great artist in all things, My cooking interest is baking and Italian cooking. I'm an avid viewer of the Food Channel especially enjoying Paula, Giada, Ina, the two men who cater, David Leiberman, and PTV for my most favorite of all: America's Test Kitchen and Lydia's Table.
Look forward to posting, learning anf just talking food. God Bless and will talk to you all soon, I hope.
Dick

Welocme to the site Dick. I think you will find there are a lot more men here than you may think (myself included of course).

Wow you must have some great stories from your time interning with Julia Child. That must have been amazing!

Welcome BCEagle! With these alter ego names, it can be difficult to distinguish between ladies and gentlemen.

Welcome!!
I can't wait to see some of your recipes - and to intern with Julia herself, wow!!!
Which states do you do craft fairs in?

For all your many welcoming messages - thanks! I'll post a few of my Julia memories from the sixties when everything was black and white TV, screens were little and talent was supreme.
Dick

Welcome to DC Dick,
We all will enjoy hearing about your adventures in Juli'a kitchen:) Looking forward also to some of your favorite recipes.

kadesma:)

Welcome to DC BCeagle!!! We're all looking forward (I'm sure) to hearing all of your stories about working with Julia - OMG!! How amazing that must have been.

Thank you all for your gracious welcomes letting me know I'm not the only male aboard. I want to share a Julia moment with you. I was a TV intern who didn't know very much. Actually, although very nice, the TV crew I'm sure, thought we were there to baby sit wet behind the ears college students. Julia and her husband came to the set and quickly spotted a newbee as we were known then. She kidded the three of us, told us to be aware that when she chopped the big monk fish for her menue that day that fins would fly - "look out" she warned. Her husband Paul, asked me to hold the cue sheets for him so he could get some photos for a story in the Globe. He put his hand on my shoulder and said "you are about to see a master:.
I did. She did wack that monk fish, the fins did fly, we had a camera man underneath the main set and he was covered with fish entrails laughing all the time.
Julia fed us all after the show with all the "vitles" as she called them she cooked on the show . What food!!!! What made her food so great was the love she put into the preparation and the respect she had for hewr profession.
TV in the late sixties was an adventure. Generally what you saw was what really happened - no editing out. But unlike the legends there were few mistakes. The lady could really cook and was, as her husband said, "A master!" Perhaps you have seen that B&W show with the giant monk fish. I'll never forget it. I worked five more shows with Julia and Paul. Each one was a pleasure both food wise and human wise.

'nother guy here...

I'm new as well. Welcome man. Looking forward to your input. You appear to have the passion. I truly believe that is most of the battle.

Marion

Half Baked said:
Welcome BCEagle! With these alter ego names, it can be difficult to distinguish between ladies and gentlemen.

not if you use his real name. :)

my dad and brother are also named richard.

nonetheless, welcome bceagle!

i'm curious. what do you do with smallish horses?

omg, i just figured it out. you said you make soap as well.
i'm gonna be sick...

lol, just kidding! hope you enjoy the site!

what did you do in tv?

Last edited:
smallish horses

He, He, He Fun post! What do I do with smallish horses pay big bills! Soap helps me do it.
I was a producer and TV interviewer at - here is that word again - smallish TV markets. LOved it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom