Gosh jkath! I'm honored

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Insty-Grill

Assistant Cook
jkath so kindly wrote to me:
jkath said:
So nice to have you here, insty-Grill!
I'm sure you'll find some wonderful recipes here, and we certainly look forward to some ideas from you as well - I have a feeling, by your name, that we'll be asking you lots of grilling questions!

Happy New Year!

- jkath

Thx jkath!, 4 your wonderfull expression of kindness and support.

I am excited being a member to such a fine discussion arena as DC. You people really seem to have FUN and are so open-minded here. It is wonderfull what I have observed here so far.

Gosh:ohmy:! I'm honored to try to answer your "grilling questions".

I likely will bounce a few questions off you and the folks as well! With so much activity here in DC, how will I know if I missed something or not? Happy New Year 2u2! Cheers!

-Insty-Grill

So glad you're here! So, here's my first question for you:

We grill a lot, particularly beef, but also chicken. Problem is I hate fish, but am trying to learn to like it, as dh loves it. I want to grill Talapia. Is there a great method for this fish?

(I'm grilling on a Jenn-Air, if that makes any difference)

Hi jkath!

Problem with fish done on the grill is they can crumble and fall into the fire when turned over.

This is why I use a basket to contain the fish. This then I can place on the grill and turn all at once without any risk of crumbling. Mostly I use this basket for grilling small morsals like shrimp, scallops, and the like because they cook fast so there is no time to turn morsal by morsal.

I tried doing morsals on round skewers, but found the food would spin unitentionally on them -frustrating the browning process.

Before grilling I will soak the food in a favorite marinade.

I also like to pan fry my fish in hot butter.

I assume Jenn-Air is gas. What do you think of the flavor resultant?

Insty-Grill said:
I also like to pan fry my fish in hot butter.

I assume Jenn-Air is gas. What do you think of the flavor resultant?

I'm thinking about the hot butter pan fry, especially after I tried a variation at a restaurant (a forkfull off of dh's plate, actually:rolleyes:). It was pan seared with onions, garlic, red bell pepper & jalepeno, in a lemon cream sauce. I was hoping to make the fish outdoors, as I'm still trying to convince myself that I want to try it.

As for the grill, yes, it's a gas grill and we love it! Lovely stainless model, beautiful results.

Back
Top Bottom