Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dandelion

Assistant Cook
Hello DC members! I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am a university student from Canada, the land of poutine and beaver tails. My mom taught me to make french toast when I was 10 and I've loved cooking ever since. I've spent most of my cooking life baking snacks and deserts, but I've finally gotten to the point where I cook all my own meals and that opened a whole new door for me.

When my class work isn't heavy I like to pass the time by cooking; making things I've never made before, or trying to improve on things I've just started to make. I have horrible childlike pickiness when it comes to food. I don't like vegetables, and I have a huge sweet tooth :rolleyes: Being a poor student, I have a limited amount of ingredients and tools... so in conclusion, my preferences are cooking things that:
-have fairly basic ingredients
-are sweet
-take plenty of time
-I can make small amounts of

So hello, and I hope to talk to you all in the future :)

Hi and welcome, I know you will like it here. We have great recipes and answers to any questions you might have. Enjoy!:)

Hi Dandelion, welcome to DC! Since you don't like vegetables and have a sweet tooth, I guess you don't care very much for dandelions as well.;) Anyway, have a nice time here!

Thanks for the welcomes :D
You're right, I don't care for dandelions... I just like to look at them and I like the way the word sounds.

img_399832_0_44a553282a46611c02ce267bf82c88af.gif

Glad to have ya!

welcome to the group, - am smiling about the poutine and beaver tails, - out west here, in British Columbia, had never heard about poutine til a few years ago and sure would never eat beaver tails :)
Dandelion salad, yum, with that special dressing made with bacon, eggs, vinegar and a bit of sugar, cooked right in the pan you've fried the bacon in. Cooled before adding to the salad of course. Haven't made that for ages, but have just been reminded of it. Have also used the same dressing on Romaine lettuce and it's great on that also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom