Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mortalgroove

Assistant Cook
Hi folks.
I will start by admitting that I have been spoiled for the past nine years. My girlfriend is a great cook and I benefited from her creations almost every night. I did the dishes and she cooked; a wonderful compromise!

Well, things change. We just recently broke up and I am now doing both the cooking and the dishes!

I am now faced with the task of re-equipping my kitchen and re-learning how to cook. I lost access to all of her wonderful stainless steel pots and pans, plus all the accessories of a modern kitchen.

I was left with the basics: some non-stick skillets, a drawer full of her cast-off tools, etc. I am going to buy some stainless stuff and start building my own collection of wonderful cookware.

I look forward to using the site and meeting some like-minded people. :)

Welcome. You will like it here. Sorry to hear about the break-up. Hope you can find another who likes to cook. In the meantime, you can learn a lot here and do pretty well for yourself.:chef:

I'm sorry about your break-up. Nine years is a long time. At DC, you will surely find others who will offer suggestions to help you replenish your kitchen and find new recipes. Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

I got my new 10-piece Cuisinart set (#77-10) of pots and pans today, so I am on my way!

Welcome. You will like it here. Sorry to hear about the break-up. Hope you can find another who likes to cook. In the meantime, you can learn a lot here and do pretty well for yourself.:chef:

I'm sorry about your break-up. Nine years is a long time. At DC, you will surely find others who will offer suggestions to help you replenish your kitchen and find new recipes. Welcome!

img_966042_0_60c62df8f999fbfe5a096d2ae7580aed.gif

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

I got my new 10-piece Cuisinart set (#77-10) of pots and pans today, so I am on my way!

Good stuff

on the bright side of having to get new stuff..you can go and get only the best and be working with stuff that may be a million times better then she will ever have.

Anyway, welcome to the group.

Back
Top Bottom