"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2017, 11:26 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

It's different than DC

Old 04-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #12
Head Chef

Question

Could you supply us with a link so we can check it out??

Ross

Old 04-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
Could you supply us with a link so we can check it out??

Ross
Absolutely. Bear in mind it is in beta so we are still tweaking and adding new features. http://healthi.space
Old 04-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthispace View Post
Absolutely. Bear in mind it is in beta so we are still tweaking and adding new features. Healthi Space - A healthi social network

Thank you... I will keep checking back as you tweak it...
Old 04-24-2017, 02:14 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cooking View Post
Thank you... I will keep checking back as you tweak it...
Sounds great!
Old 04-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #16
Master Chef

Hi healthispace. I'm having a little problem understanding exactly what your site will be. First you say it's like DC, then you say it's different. Why not just stay with us here at DC and share with us as an active member?

I suppose your forum will have a list of rules for members to abide by, right? Like the ones here at DC? Because the rules here at DC includes phrases like "Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit." and "Do not use posts to promote your blog, videos, surveys or contests." Pesky little things, rules, you know.

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind."~~~Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:22 PM   #17
Assistant Cook

Well my website is not a forum first and foremost. Secondly I'm here to talk with like minded individuals about cooking and recipes. I'm also not "mining" as those terms say. If someone is interested in my company and asks me about it, as you did, I'm more than happy to discuss that with you.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:33 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthispace View Post
Well my website is not a forum first and foremost. Secondly I'm here to talk with like minded individuals about cooking and recipes. I'm also not "mining" as those terms say. If someone is interested in my company and asks me about it, as you did, I'm more than happy to discuss that with you.
Well, you did promote your own site in your first post. It seems like the intention for doing that is to get people from here to go visit it, which does seem to be a violation of the rules.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:20 AM   #19
Assistant Cook

If you have a problem with it you can kindly cease talking with me. Good day. Im here to discuss recipes. If they have a problem with it, they will contact me.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:29 AM   #20
Master Chef

Before we drive you away, I say to you, welcome. We would love to discuss recipes, and [U]all things about food, fishing, hunting, funny, but clean jokes, but especially all things related to cooking. You might have a link at the end of your posts, like I do, to your blog, or site, but can't actively promote it, as that would be competition with DC for membership.

We all are friends here, through DC, and are generally very friendly. We look forward to your input, be it questions about food preparation, sharing recipes, or questions concerning food, or even how to repair you kitchen sink drip.

What has everyone a little bit suspicious is the wording in your posts. It does seem that you are soliciting members for and your site. Also, you mention that there are more people than just you handling/creating the site. It sounds like a business. So, good luck with your site. Only, please come to DC for friendship, and discussion. You have stated that this is your purpose for coming here. All are welcome. What do you want to talk about?
Have you ever heard of panacotta? I've modified the original Italian desert a bit to fit my own nutritional needs. Rather tha simply heating milk, adding sugar and vanilla, then disolving unflavored gelatin into it and refrigerating until it sets, I heat the milk, and put it into my 24 oz. blender cup, along with whatever flavor of sugar-free Jello that I want, blend it to dissolve the gelatin and whip air into it. Then, I pour the mixture into a large bowl and add another cup of ice-cold milk, whisk it to combine, and chill until set. The result is a very light, and carb freindly desert that is very tasty, that won't spike my blood sugar.

your turn.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

« groovyland | Hello »