Greetings All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerMoon

Assistant Cook
Newbie here.

I discovered this site while searching out info about crock pots, seems my 30 year old 3 qt. Rival isn't as spry as it once was and was wondering if any one else has had a similar experience.

Hi Tigermoon, and welcome to DC! I dont own a crock pot, but many people on here do so I'm sure someone will be along to give advice.

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome Jan! This is a nice place, lots of helpful information.
(And yes, my two shelter cats are happily neutered.) :)

Welcome to DC, TM! There's lots of CP info here; make yourself at home and poke around!

Hi TigerMoon, welcome to DC! My 20-year Japanese crockpot is still up and running. If yours is not working well, perhaps it's time for a new one.

Wow! This is the friendlist place I've ever been! Thank you all for the warm welcome.

My dilema is nearly solved thanks to browsing around here, I was planning on replacing my old 3 qt. CP with a new one due to limited space but will buy a 6 qt. to help out until lthe 3 qt. gives up the ghost. The last three batches of beans (one garbanzo two pinto) came out not quite done and since they came fresh from the grocery I assumed they were fresh.

Will be off on safari today hunting the ultimate crock pot, will let you know what I bag!

Suze

Thoughts become things, choose the good ones.
tut.com

Last edited:
New Slow Cooker

Back from "safari" and came home with a GE 6 qt. slow cooker. I chose it because of it's rectangular shape, one of my slow cooker cook books has recipes for quick breads and cakes (is that an oxymoron? Quick bread in a slow cooker?) and this SC accommodates a standard size loaf pan nicely. Made a chocolate pudding cake yesterday, came out pretty good. Now I have two pounds of navy pea beans cooking up.

This slow cooker came with an enamal pan that fits in the unit under the ceramic crock. All the directions say about it is to use the high temp. setting when using it. This is the first time I have encountered such a thing. Any ideas or comments about this?

Last edited:
My 3 qt. crock pot is about 30 years old also. I just said to my daughter Carol the other day that I was thinking about getting a new 3 or 4 qt. one to replace it. It is still running but the outside is starting to look pretty ragged. There is even a few rust spots around the outer rim. I also have a 5 qt. for larger items. :)

I also want to welcome you. I know you will like it here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom