"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #11
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
hi douglas, what do you like most about ramsay, comedy, order, people, writing, dmb? :)
Well I started watching him a few years ago on NetFlix both his US shows and his UK shows... and well I have liked how when it comes to turning things around be it a bad place to eat or a really bad menu, he always falls back to keeping it as simple as you can. Not to go over board and freash freash freash food not frozen or otherwise. I love how he has traveled and actually learned how to cook the food he loves from the people who "invented" it... and well he does not take any grief from lol

www.DouglasMB.Wordpress.com
DouglasMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
Cook

Hi Douglas,
Welcome to DC.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasMB View Post
I'm not exactly a new member but i have not been here in a long long time... so i thought i would say hello again. I have decided to attempt a project while trying to lose weight... and I think I am going to need you guys help cause I am going to have lots and lots and lots of questions.

I am an ok cook, I can do alot of stuff in the kitchen but most of the time I can not repeat anything because I am winging it lol and I don't ever write anything down. I have been trying to lose weight for some time and last year I decided after watching (DONT YOU DARE LAUGH) Julie and Julia I would attempt something like that... kinda... I wanted it to be something more healthy, but also something that would teach me something.

I absolutly love Gordon Ramsay... so I found his healthy cook book and decided to try it out...
Do you folks think this might be too hard a book to start out with? Let me know... thanks :)
Welcome back, Douglas. I wing cooking all the time (made some excellent breadmachine pita pockets yesterday, but I'd can't tell you exactly what I put in the bread machine...or exactly how much). I am sure others have pointed you to the breakfast lately thread and others. Veggies, Veggies, Veggies.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #14
Assistant Cook

I eat a lot of steamed veg and raw veg too... lately i have been setting aside one day a week for an all fruit day... only raw and fresh fruit.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
I eat a lot of steamed veg and raw veg too... lately i have been setting aside one day a week for an all fruit day... only raw and fresh fruit.

on a typical all-fruit day, what are some of your personal fruit choices and combinations? do you have any specific requirements when selecting your fruits? for instance, do you have a preference as to organic or u.s. grown product? how do you divide up your fruit portions throughout the day? if you find yourself tempted by, say, a chunk of cheese, or a salami sandwich, do you satisfy that craving or not?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
on a typical all-fruit day, what are some of your personal fruit choices and combinations? do you have any specific requirements when selecting your fruits? for instance, do you have a preference as to organic or u.s. grown product? how do you divide up your fruit portions throughout the day? if you find yourself tempted by, say, a chunk of cheese, or a salami sandwich, do you satisfy that craving or not?
honestly I'm not as fancy as all that... I'm a simple dumb guy lol I thought one day... "hey ya know... do one day with no fast food or processed stuff... humm maybe an all fruit day." then I started looking what was availabel in mass quantity (because I eat a lot) and i just bought "stuff" lol
I have only done it twice and have stuck to mellons and apples (gala). Oh man I spent a lot of time running to the bathroom lol be tween that and only drinking water that day haha I know it has to be good for me.... I think next week i am throwing blue berris into the mix.

i don't really devide it out... in the moring I cut up enough to get me through the work day... and i eat on it all day as I feel hungry. oh man am i ever tempted... lol I crave salt more than anything else.... like chips and the like. but so far I know it is only one day so i am able to be good.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
honestly I'm not as fancy as all that... I'm a simple dumb guy lol I thought one day... "hey ya know... do one day with no fast food or processed stuff... humm maybe an all fruit day." then I started looking what was availabel in mass quantity (because I eat a lot) and i just bought "stuff" lol
I have only done it twice and have stuck to mellons and apples (gala). Oh man I spent a lot of time running to the bathroom lol be tween that and only drinking water that day haha I know it has to be good for me.... I think next week i am throwing blue berris into the mix.

i don't really devide it out... in the moring I cut up enough to get me through the work day... and i eat on it all day as I feel hungry. oh man am i ever tempted... lol I crave salt more than anything else.... like chips and the like. but so far I know it is only one day so i am able to be good.
I applaud you efforts to get fresh fruit into you, but keep in mind, a lot of fresh fruits are loaded with natural sugar.

Start with your computer. Start looking up information on the foods you like and will be eating. Veggies are lower in natural sugar than fruits. And who says you can't have veggies for breakfast? You also need protein for strength each day. A lot of veggies have the protein you need. Spinach for one is loaded with iron. A good spinach salad for breakfast is a great way to start the day. You get protein, fiber and lots of vitamins and minerals all in one meal. Protein also tells you tummy you are full and not hungry. Different foods send different messages to your tummy.

You have come to the right place for help. We are loaded with ideas and will give you all the encouragement you need.

« Hiya from PA | Hi »