Greetings from another newbie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bullseye

Head Chef
Hi, all! I found DC while looking for equipment reviews and got hooked reading all the other threads. I live in NW New Jersey and work for myself in both the automotive and the computer fields. I have some formal training as a cook, and spent some time in a small, upscale restaurant's kitchen as "sous chef" (for which read "kitchen slave" <G>), but I mostly just love to cook. I'm looking forward to spending time with you fine people at DC.

Hmm. That's a tough one, Thumpershere2. I really enjoy making up pasta sauces that reflect the season (or, more likely, what's in the refrigerator at the time <g>), but I love the challenge of a multi-course dinner for guests. Recently, I made pan seared, oven finished stuffed pork chops with a bourbon-apricot sauce for my brother's birthday. There was roasted asparagus w/garlic and lemon, roasted baby red potatoes w/rosemary, and butternut squash w/maple syrup. Apps and dessert, good wine to go with everything. There's nothing quite like that look when your guest takes the first bite and just closes the eyes and savours the flavor!

Ciao bullseye, welcome to DC!! You have come to a right place, and we are all glad that you have found us!! Have fun!!:)

18.gif

18.gif

18.gif

jkath said:
Hey, bullseye! Great to have you here!

and........can you ship me a plate of that amazing sounding meal?

The leftovers went home with my culinarily challenged brother; maybe next time!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom