Greetings from Cicero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
I figured I should pop in here and introduce myself.
I am a father of three, husband for 12 years (13 in March). Traditionally, I have done most of the cooking starting in college where I met my wife. I have always enjoyed it, and she was more than happy to let me enjoy myself.
Her strong suite is baking, pies, and soups; mine is most everything else but I love grilling above all. Our favorite to cook together is Thai food.
We work 9 months out of the year as professional gardeners specializing in native plants and specialty gardens. The other 3 months we pretty much spend driving each other crazy ;) Our garden takes up our entire back and front yards, and incorporates not only native plants but rain gardens, herb gardens, and vegetable gardens all mixed in together and blended. Recently we added peppers to the list as well.
Lately we have gotten into not only watching alot of the cooking shows on The Food Network, but also trying out the recipes as well. We are always trying to spice up our menu and keep things fresh, and to that end I discovered DC and desided to give it a try and see what other new and exciting things I could learn!

Hi there and welcome to DC! Glad to see you jumping in, the water is fine!!!

Your job sounds soo cool and I hope you will post some pictures of your gardens. I'd love to see the rain garden! :)

Hi there and welcome to DC! Glad to see you jumping in, the water is fine!!!

Your job sounds soo cool and I hope you will post some pictures of your gardens. I'd love to see the rain garden! :)

Per your request I had my wife send me some pictures (she keeps them all on her laptop for her portfolio) and I have uploaded them to the gallery.

None of the rain garden, yet, though.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!
Our job is very interesting, I especially like the creative side as well as the hardscaping. Not so much the maintanence, but she prefers that over installation so it balances out ;)
On the other hand, like an business owner, during the season we have litteraly no time for anything! We keep the slow cooker running night and day because most days we get back home and are way too tired to do any cooking let alone just pick up a fork and eat it, LOL.
But then, in the off season for about 3 1/2 months we litteraly have nothing to do. So, we spend our time re-organizing the house, cleaning the heck out of it, organizing the business, etc just to keep ourselves busy. Of course, the museum, arboretum, and zoo memberships help and it keeps the kids happy!
Thanks again for the welcome!

Back
Top Bottom