Greetings From Costa Rica

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FincaPerlitas

Senior Cook
Hi, my name is Jim and I just joined the forum. Originally from Georgia, I spent most of my adult life in Florida before moving to Costa Rica in 2000. My wife is Costa Rican and I have 2 adult stepdaughters who still live at home with us. We live in the central valley region, near the capital of San Jose, and also have a small horse ranch (finca) in the foothills of the mountains a couple of hours away where I spend a lot of my time.

I consider myself to be a pretty good cook and, although not a professional chef, I used to own a seafood restaurant in Florida and developed many of the recipes.

I really enjoy preparing seafood, traditional Southern cooking, and outdoor cooking - both grilling and smoking meat, poultry and seafood. I have a well-equipped home kitchen and at my finca have a wood/charcoal horizontal offset smoker and a large gas grill, which I frequently use to prepare food for as many as 40 to 50 guests. Last weekend, I slaughtered a hog and I prepared pulled pork for about 50 people. It was a lot of fun and the food was a hit.

See you all on the board!

welcome fincasperlitas!
fink sounds like a good name for short.

welcome fink.

ok well, maybe not. lp is making me be nice to all of the newbies. :angel:

Hi there, and welcome! :cool:Glad you found us and just as marigene said I look very forward to learning about some of your newly adopted cuisine!!:chef::chef:

Back
Top Bottom