Greetings from Holland!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCookAlot

Assistant Cook
Hello there!
My name's Tijmen, still on highschool (I'm only 16 years old) but I really enjoy cooking and like experementing (sp?) with all kinds of things.
I cook for the family at least 1 day a week (sometimes 2) never had any choking family-members next to me, so propably my food isn't too disgusting!

Anyway, I really hope to meet some great cooks/chefs here (are there any proffesional cooks here, hanging around?) and ofcourse I want to learn lotsa things about cooking!:chef:

Only things that caught my attention already is the following:
740 people active: 40 Members, 700 guests. Lots of leechers, such a waste, everyone of them could surely contribute something for a better community!

Forgot to mention!

I'm a sous-chef in a restaurant in my city!

Last edited:
Welcome to our community.

It's not mandatory by any means that someone has to post here versus lurking. Those that want to participate do and those that don't - we welcome them also. Also, the "guests" may be spy bots for search engines, not actual people.

Hi, Tijmen. Welcome to DC. It's exciting that you have such a good interest in cooking at your age. It will be a good skill to cultivate and will be very useful when you get out on your own.

There are plenty of helpful members here, so you'll be able to soak up lots of knowledge. We're glad you've found us.

Welcome to DC! Holland as in The Netherlands? My precious Dutch Grandma was an immigrant (came to the US when she was 16) from Ultrecht. She was a big baker. The best cinnamon rolls, lots of things with apples and almond paste, just to name a few of her specialities. I was blessed to visit her Homeland for the first time a few years ago. It was during the tulip season. Just gorgeous seeing all of those flowers, whizzing by the blooming bulb fields in a train etc.

Welcome to DC! Holland as in The Netherlands? My precious Dutch Grandma was an immigrant (came to the US when she was 16) from Ultrecht. She was a big baker. The best cinnamon rolls, lots of things with apples and almond paste, just to name a few of her specialities. I was blessed to visit her Homeland for the first time a few years ago. It was during the tulip season. Just gorgeous seeing all of those flowers, whizzing by the blooming bulb fields in a train etc.

Yes, the Netherlands!

Thanks for the kind comment everybody!
As edited:

I forgot to mention, but I'm a sous-chef in a restaurant too!
I enjoy it very much, and I learn a lot too! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to DC Tijmen, it is so nice to have you here with us. Do you have any recipes you would like to share with us?

Tijmin, Welcome Here! I thoroughly enjoy trying cusines that are not from the US. Just had a great time at the International Festival in Columbus, Ohio - lots of nations represented by the immigrants, and lots of great food from all over. I brought home a great recipe for Norwegian salmon chowder (soup). Others will be emailing me recipes which I will be sharing here. Please do share a favorite Dutch recipe - I know recipes are not the easiest things to write but don't worry about spelling and all that, just go for it.

There are cooks from a lot of places here. I'm not much of a cook - I cook "at it" but love it. Again, welcome, good to have you here!

Welcomen Glad you found us. I started cooking when I was 14 yrs old and eventuly was a executive chef in severl very big Country Clubs and had a ball doing all sorts of cookng
for a lot of great folks so hang in and do not be afraid to ask questions one of use will jump in and answer Guten Tag Dave

Back
Top Bottom