Greetings from Mac

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macgyver1968

Senior Cook
Hello everyone. Just looking for a place to talk about cooking, and show off what I cooked.

I've worked in a few kitchens, but I'm untrained. It is one of my greatest joys in life cooking for others.

Here's some cinnamon raisin oatmeal muffins I made this morning:

oatmealraisinmuffins.jpg

I'm from Dallas, and mom's from Mississippi...so my cooking style could be classified as "southern comfort food"....."comfort food" is just a euphemism for "gives you diabetes" :)

See you in the kitchen...and get your finger out of that!!! You'll ruin your dinner!

Mac

Please remove your hats, and have a moment of silence for my baguette. It was a little blonde on the top, so I turned on the broiler to brown it up a bit, got distracted...then wondered "Why is there smoke coming from my oven?....Holy crap!!! that's my bread!!!"

You lived a short life, baguette, and I'm sorry no one got to eat you. Enjoy your eternity in bread heaven.

Fortunately I have back up corn bread muffins from last night.

Mac.

Last edited:
Thank you for the warm welcome. I've been looking for a place to talk with other, more experienced cooks/chefs. I'm a computer tech and a general "fix-it" guy...(so I'll be glad to help anyone in that department), I'm also a caretaker for my 85 year old mom...so I do most of the cooking. It gives me great joy.

Sweet...I just noticed there's a "soul food" area. I think that's what I'm classified as...even though my skin is a little pale. :)

Welcome to DC. This is a fun place to be. Take a look at Today's Funny. It will really have you laughing for hours.

Those muffins look delicious. Save one for me. :angel:

If you can bake baguette's you are far ahead of me friend.

I cook, but I am no baker or pastry chef.

Good to meet you and welcome to the forum. I am new here as well.

Mac, if you see this would you please post your savory corn pudding casserole recipe. Or at least describe how you make yours. The picture in another thread was quite tasty looking.

On Christmas Day my DxW took my two corn puddings out of the oven, they are all puffed up and soufflé like at that moment. She then combined the two into a crock pot, all mixed up. Because they would stay warm that way until dinner time. No amount of parsley garnish would ever make it look delicious again. Oh well. I had arranged in advance with my BIL about re-heating, oven or microwave either one. I kind of liked the crock potted idea, but I think I need to look for ideas to maybe even make the dish in it from the get-go. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom