"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Thanks, GB!

Old 11-01-2008, 10:09 PM   #32
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
It was gotten rid of quite a while ago. The post is still there, but the link is gone.

That's not the truth, GB, that the link was "gotten rid of quite a while ago." ...... The post is still there as you state and so was the link up until late afternoon TODAY when I was on line here and again came over to check this out.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #33
Chief Eating Officer

Please do not call me a liar QG. It is a matter of perspective. Yes the link was removed today. Quicksilver asked to stop beating a dead horse and get rid of it at 8:25 tonight. It had already been taken care of hours ago. You may not think that qualifies as quite a while ago, but others might (and do). Anyway, I am not sure why you are making any sort of deal over it. It HAS been taken care of. I am sorry it did not meet your strict time line. Please remember QG, the mods and admins here are volunteers with families and lives outside of DC.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #34
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Please do not call me a liar QG.
Those are YOUR words, GB, NOT mine.

Quote:
It is a matter of perspective. Yes the link was removed today. It had already been taken care of hours ago...........at 8:25 tonight. I am sorry it did not meet your strict time line.
This thread has been up and active for over 12 days, throughout of which any number of the member posts have asked this be addressed. The past 12 days is closer to "quite a while ago" vs the 2 hours ago it took for the link to be removed. Strict time line? Humm....288 hours vs. 2 hours? Strict?

Quote:
Anyway, I am not sure why you are making any sort of deal over it.
Making any sort of "deal" over it? Are you for real????

When you allow people to pour out their excitement, their anticipations, and any other emotions over a new "member" and one that is anticipatory from such a diverse country, and then for us to learn that this is NOT a "person" and then go ahead and allow those same people and others to feel foolish, betrayed, angered, and whatever else they may, that is reason enough to make a deal over.

Somebody needs to get a good swift dose of EMPATHY.

Quote:
I am sorry it did not meet your strict time line.
You need to apologize to the other members, GB, whom were waiting and who voiced any such comments, not me.....

Quote:
Please remember QG, the mods and admins here are volunteers with families and lives outside of DC.
I'm very well aware of this, GB, and for the most part, do appreciate all that these people do to keep this site up and running smoothly, cleanly, safely, etc., but on this one, you blew it. Twelve days....
Old 11-02-2008, 03:25 AM   #35
Master Chef

GB did not blow it.......he works hard like the rest of the site admins.......if he said it's off...it's off.......this is not the place to be ranting and raving at other people who volunteer their time and services for the good of the site........I could have cared less if it was a spammer.......I've been taken in before and managed to recover and will be taken in again in the future.........the post was removed before most people even knew about it.......for GB to apologize for doing a nonpaid volunteer job is ludicrous........it sounds like you were more embarrassed than anything for being taken in..........it happens.......but don't get your knickers in a twist over it..........be happy.....this is a fun site..........and great people to get to know.........
Old 11-02-2008, 03:57 AM   #36
Head Chef

Talking Let Peace Return!

Hear Hear! Call the Court Jester! Forsooth, Sir GB is one of our very favorite people. The barbarians are not at the gate; all is well in the kingdom! The attack has been repulsed by our brave knight.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:19 AM   #37
Head Chef

Actually I didn't care for the Queen's rant at all.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:19 AM   #38
Master Chef

yeah, I'm one of the original Barbarians.............don't make me mad............nickname is Barbie.........hahahaha!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #39
Chief Eating Officer

Thank you very much expatgirl and Dave! I really appreciate your comments.

GQ, I was going to respond to your ridiculous rant, but have decided it would just not be worth it. The people here know how this site is run and no doubt know how insane your post is so I am just going to let your comments go into the ether. If you would like to discuss this further then feel free to PM me. I am locking this thread as there is nothing left to discuss about it.

Closed Thread