Greetings from Singapore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glen

Assistant Cook
Hi there! I'm a full time Aviation IT professional working in Singapore, and a part time cook at home. Married with 4 kids, I have lots of food critics at home to give me their honest opinions on my cooking! So far, I still get to keep my part time job as Daddy Chef, so I guess I'm doing ok. ;)

I'm a firm believer that a family that eats together stays together.
I've just started my own web site to share some of our family recipes and easy meal ideas so that even busy parents can cook simple home cooked meals and keep the family together. It's still a work in progress for now.
I hope to help out in the forums where ever I can, and to learn from everyone else what works for them.

GO Cook!
Glen

Welcome.

Man, you are in a food lover's paradise! I was there a couple of times this last year, enjoyed it very much. Actually got to eat in a place featured on Tony Bourdain's No Reservations.

Lot's of good info here, hope you find it usefule & interesting.

I'm in the aviation/aerospace biz also (not IT).

Hi Mike and qmax,
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it is great to be here in Singapore because there is really a lot of food variety - Chinese, Malay, Indian, as well as internationally from literally all over the world. I love watching Tony Bourdain's No Reservations, and you may have caught the episode where he was shown around our island by Singapore's own foodie maniac, K.F. Seetoh. He is the host of the local Makansutra ("makan" means "eat" in Bahasa language) food guidebook and television show. Take a look at the Makansutra dot com website to get more info on Singapore local cuisine. I'll be happy to tell you my favourite local authentic food haunts if ever you're back here again.

Glen

Hi Mike and qmax,
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it is great to be here in Singapore because there is really a lot of food variety - Chinese, Malay, Indian, as well as internationally from literally all over the world. I love watching Tony Bourdain's No Reservations, and you may have caught the episode where he was shown around our island by Singapore's own foodie maniac, K.F. Seetoh. He is the host of the local Makansutra ("makan" means "eat" in Bahasa language) food guidebook and television show. Take a look at the Makansutra dot com website to get more info on Singapore local cuisine. I'll be happy to tell you my favourite local authentic food haunts if ever you're back here again.

Glen

I expect to to do a number of trips to Singapore over the next year or so.

That was the episode I saw. Place he featured that I went to was the Straits Kitchen. Love the hawker's markets.

hope to help out in the forums where ever I can, and to learn from everyone else what works for them.

Back
Top Bottom