Greetings from Spain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pamspies

Assistant Cook
Hi everybody....I am a newie from the beautiful mountain village of Periana, in Malaga Province Andalucia Spain. My husband and I have been involved with food for many years through owning restaurants and also running an outside catering business in England and Ireland. Food is our passion and we are currently working on our own Mediterranean recipe website. We moved from coastal Spain into the mountains here last March to run our own little Gastro B&B. We spend most of our time working on the website and looking after our guests...its a great life up here, the REAL Spain....we really feel as if we have landed in paradise. Cant wait to get started with the forum. All the best to you all. :rolleyes: Pamspies

All the best to you, too, and welcome! My fantasy of paradise includes Spain's mediterranean coast. I look forward to an annoucement of your recipe website, hopefully with a few pics of your Andalucian B&B, and an education into real Spain, country style.

In the meantime, I see that there is a paella subject thread here at discusscooking.com I'd like to post to... I hope you will also... *click*

The best vacation I ever had with my wife when we were young was in Spain. Before we were married, we were lucky in the ability to travel often and to where ever we wanted (given a 5 ~ 14 day span). One was in late fall in Spain (around 11/82). Still in the 80's during the day, but the camp grounds were completely empty (off season). But the Europeans camp differently then the Americans do. Really nice individual camp spots, very nice heated shower areas, etc..

Very memorable vacation. I made my young wife sick multiple times driving like Mario Andretti(sp?) up the coast road in Spain. That highway is about 1.5 lanes wide, curvy as though an abstract artist had drawn it. Anyway, I had a pretty zippy Alpha Sudt manual drive car (like a go-kart to drive), driving on a road, most of it without guard rails and hundreds of feet up from the sea. Talk about fun. I had to pull over numerous times so my sweetie could de-stress a little bit :). I had fun.

Thanks Pamspies for reminding me of a happy time & place.

I forgot to say welcome! Please feel so. We are happy to have you here.

Bob

Hi everybody....I am a newie from the beautiful mountain village of Periana, in Malaga Province Andalucia Spain. My husband and I have been involved with food for many years through owning restaurants and also running an outside catering business in England and Ireland. Food is our passion and we are currently working on our own Mediterranean recipe website. We moved from coastal Spain into the mountains here last March to run our own little Gastro B&B. We spend most of our time working on the website and looking after our guests...its a great life up here, the REAL Spain....we really feel as if we have landed in paradise. Cant wait to get started with the forum. All the best to you all. :rolleyes: Pamspies

Hi there! I am envious of you living in the "real" Spain! I lived in the more touristy south for 3 years. It was nice, but nothing compares to real Spain! My wife and I are moving back to Madrid in a month or so. Maybe we'll get to visit your B&B one day! I look forward to seeing your website!

Thanks for that....sorry not to have replied sooner have had a full house of guests and no time to look at the site. We love it here in the Spanish countryside (yet we are only a 20 min drive from the coast at Velez Malaga) it really is like paradise. Its great to have the time to do all the things that you love...I suppose that is the advantage of getting to a certain age!!!!

The best vacation I ever had with my wife when we were young was in Spain. Before we were married, we were lucky in the ability to travel often and to where ever we wanted (given a 5 ~ 14 day span). One was in late fall in Spain (around 11/82). Still in the 80's during the day, but the camp grounds were completely empty (off season). But the Europeans camp differently then the Americans do. Really nice individual camp spots, very nice heated shower areas, etc..

Very memorable vacation. I made my young wife sick multiple times driving like Mario Andretti(sp?) up the coast road in Spain. That highway is about 1.5 lanes wide, curvy as though an abstract artist had drawn it. Anyway, I had a pretty zippy Alpha Sudt manual drive car (like a go-kart to drive), driving on a road, most of it without guard rails and hundreds of feet up from the sea. Talk about fun. I had to pull over numerous times so my sweetie could de-stress a little bit :). I had fun.

Thanks Pamspies for reminding me of a happy time & place.

I forgot to say welcome! Please feel so. We are happy to have you here.

Bob
Thanks Bob...sorry for the delay in replying but have had a full house of guests in the B&B this weekend and Have not had time. I look forward to getting into Discuss Cooking....I have a lot to learn but relish the challenge.
Best regards

I have traveled around the world and Spain has to rank way up on my list of places to return to. The people, food, culture and of course the country itself. I actually am waiting for the 2010 season at El Bulli right now to hopefully get reservations.

I have traveled around the world and Spain has to rank way up on my list of places to return to. The people, food, culture and of course the country itself. I actually am waiting for the 2010 season at El Bulli right now to hopefully get reservations.

If that's happening in Barcelona, don't plan on finding a parking spot. I swear that one day, I spent two hours just looking for a place to park, and walk around the city.

Bob

No problem with parking in Periana.....just get out of your cars and look at the stunning lake and mountain (even a little bit of the Mediterranean) views. Taka a small stroll to one of the many tapa bars. My idea of heaven.
Pamspies

1111111.gif

Welcome Pamsies,

I would love to visit your B&B. Looking forward to seeing your recipes in the Forum.

Toni

The problem at the moment for me is finding enough time in the day to get things done...we are very busy at the moment but will promise to post some recipes very soon. Thanks for your good wishes. Pamspies

The problem at the moment for me is finding enough time in the day to get things done...we are very busy at the moment but will promise to post some recipes very soon. Thanks for your good wishes. Pamspies

Don't sweat the small stuff pamspies,, Is that Pam "Spies", or is it Pam's Pies?

Friends don't have requirements for friends. Just warm thoughts.

Bob

Its Pams Pies.....and I have a fantastic pie recipe that I am going to post....Its a Mediterranean Stargazey pie that we made last night by guesswork it was fantastic...watch this space. P

Back
Top Bottom