Greetings from sunny Costa Rica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RichardBlank

Assistant Cook
After reading a few threads, I wanted to introduce myself to this community. I look forward to sharing ideas with other forum members in regards to one of my favorite subjects, cooking. I have found many shows to be addictive and when I prepare a grand dinner for my girlfriend, I earn many points with her.

Happy cooking,

Richard

Love Costa Rica!

Hi Richard,

I'm kinda new here too.

I love Costa Rica -- only been once, but hope I get back someday. Where do you live?

Welcome!

Rosann/SunnyFL

Thanks sattie, Nice to meet you.

Rosann.

Pura Vida. I live in Rohrmoser. 15 minutes outside of San Jose. Hopefully, you can make it back soon. I may have some good suggestions for you and the rest of the members.

Best regards,

Richard

Bienvenidos a Discuss Cooking, Richard. How do you enjoy living in Costa Rica? I'm sure you will find many friendly people here and lost of great ideas for your cooking projects.

Tara

Hi Richard,

About 10 or so years ago, when my now husband and I visited San Jose (before embarking on a trip through parts of Costa Rica that I will never forget), he asked our hotel manager what was the most romantic place he could suggest for dinner. He said "TARA". So, we took a kind of scary cab ride up to the top of a mountain and ended up at this beautiful place, a white palatial building, hotel and restaurant, with beautiful grounds that had the most stunning view of the valley and San Jose's lights below. I think it was then that he decided to propose to me. It was almost surreal. We had a wonderful dinner and strolled the grounds taking in the scenery. VERY ROMANTIC. I think now that property has been sold and might be a totally different theme. Do you know where I mean?

Rosann

Rosann

Check out "the white house" in Escazu on Google and tell me what you think. There are many places that capture the moment.tabacon resort is another amazing place.

MexicoKaren

Pura Vida, the country's motto is "pure life."

welcome Richard ;o)

friend of us grew up in Costa Rica, she still sometimes goes there... but it's a looong way from here...

buckytom:

The beauty of my last name is that it is easy to remember and tough to forget. Good to know you.

cara:

There are many Ticos everywhere that are cool people to know.Maybe you can come and visit soon. With the low airfares, it makes sense to take a long weekend here.

White House

Richard,

The White House looks like Tara! I wonder if it's the same place, just renovated and with different owners. It is beautiful, and just as I remember the views.

And, we stopped at the Tabacon Resort too, on our way to Arenal.

I love your country!

Thanks,
SunnyFL/Rosann

Back
Top Bottom