Greetings from Sydney Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeba

Assistant Cook
Hello Everyone. I am originally from South Carolina but am currently living in Sydney, Australia. I am a social worker here for a homeless women's shelter.

I love to cook and since I am Jewish, we tend to make most of our food homemade. I am always looking for new recipe ideas and most can be easily converted to kosher - Meat, Dairy or Parve - simply by substituting brands.

Many of the items on the grocery shelves in the states are kosher so it is a bit more of a challenge here.

I am looking forward to meeting other good cooks!
:chef:

Thank You!

Thank you all for the wonderful and warm welcome. I am enjoying this site very much and have gotten some really good tips already.

Cheers!

Leeba

Welcome and Shanolom Aleychem. Not sure what is available in Australia, but you are corect there is plenty of kosher stuff here. I have plenty of recipes that are adopted for kosher. Will be happy to answer any questions.

Don't know what Sydney is like, but the Jewish population in Perth pretty much used to live in a couple of central suburbs and there are several shops that cater for Jewish cuisine/traditions in those localities. Likewise, more likely to find those items in the national supermarkets within those suburbs too. Try a similar approach in Sydney.

Back
Top Bottom