Greetings from the Sopranos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony Soprano

Assistant Cook
I just came accross this forum today and was very impressed with the site and it's info. Took me all of 5 minutes to decide I was joining.

About me:
44 y/o, Vancouver Wa. (basically a suburb of PDX dispite what the "natives" think) Married with a 10 y/o boy.
I look kind of like Tony Soprano with a gotee and I do all the cooking in our house.
I bought a Weber Genesis last year and I have been doing alot more grilling as of late.
I am a fan of Alton Brown and subscribe to his "no unitaskers" philosophy. I hate gadgets and prefer a few quality tools that get well used and are easy to organize.
I just started a container garden to grow my own tomatoes, peppers, cukes, zukes, radishes, peas, and whatever else I come up with. I already have an herb garden.
I am not a waste management consultant. I own a landscape company.

Anyway, that's me. Just wanted to say hi. Look forward to adding to this forum.

Welcome, Tony! Sounds like you'll fit right in here. We have a newer gardening forum here at DC that you will surely enjoy, as well as a grilling forum. I'm jealous of your Weber Genesis, I'm making a grill purchase any day now, so I know they're very nice. I'm opting for the Ducane Affinity 4400 if I can find it anywhere!

I look forward to your contributions!

PS- your screen name triggered a slew of "Sopranos" ads in the google ad toolbar!
That is funny. Never thought of that.
Good luck with your grill purchase. I love the Weber and would recommend it but is expensive. I am hoping that it will last long enough to be cheaper in the long run. At least that's what I told my wife when we got it.

Welcome and I only have one thing to say - I DIDN'T DO IT :ohmy:
img_591865_0_907eeb1b3cefb351a243b070a1be817c.gif

Cute! Your emoticons have been class lately. How do you get ones that I don't see on our list? You had the ROTFL one I've enver seen before, too. (Sorry to pull attention away from TonyS for a moment)

I'm sending you a private message Jill. Check in a few minutes.

Welcome Tony. You will have your Weber for many years if you take care of it. Actually you will have it for many years even if you do not take care of it. They are very well made and stand up to a ton of abuse. When my dad bought his about 20 years ago the salesman stood on the grill cover and jumped up and down on it to show how sturdy and strong it was. He has yet to replace a single part on his.

I bought a genesis a few years ago and have loved using it. We use it at least once a week in the summer, but often times 3 or 4 times a week. It has never let me down.

HI welcome to our world! Make yourself at home!!

Hubby and I are from your part of the country and we love it there..
We'll move back some day....

how ya dooin', t.

welcome, from sopranos country. really. i live where the show was shot, and get my sausage and pasta from the same place as was mentioned on the show. no, not the place they grind up guys, but "the little place on the hill in lodi".

hope you enjoy it here, and no one's too interested in things that don't concern them. :cool:

how ya dooin', t.

hope you enjoy it here, and no one's too interested in things that don't concern them. :cool:

That's good. Sometimes it's best to just look down and keep walking so's you don't see nothin too good.

I heard a story recently about the place they used for the Bing (I forget the real name of it). After the last season the owner was going to shut it down for a while to do some much need remodeling on the place. He was then contacted by someone from Chase's office asking him to hold off on any changes for a bit.

Can't wait for the movie.

the bada bing is "satin dolls" in real life. i used to go there, umm, once in a while.:angel:

yup, i heard the same thing from my barber, who's place is right down the road from there. they put off remodeling for a movie.

lol, i remember when the show first cam on, my wife and i would try to recognize the places it was shot. the first time i saw the bing on the show, i remarked, "hey, that's satin dolls". my wife wasn't too happy that i knew it so well. :(

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. This looks like a great place to waste time,err.... I mean, learn alot.

Back
Top Bottom