Greetings from The Windy City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackattack1

Assistant Cook
I've been on this site now for about an hour and I really like it. Great forums. I'm going to try to actually participate in the discussions. My Bolognese sauce is finished and today I assemble the Eggplant Parm. I'm going to put 2 layers of home-made lasagna pasta in the sheet pan to give the dish some "body" if that makes any sense. I can be a bit sarcastic at times so I hope that's okay. I thought it would be cool if people from here actually got together every once and a while and cooked something or went out to their favorite little food places. I live right outside Chicago near Oak Park and I'd love to meet up with other foodie (is it okay to use that term) types at places like The Jerusalem Cafe for Falafel and all the wonderful Mediterranean sides. Bring on the Lentil soup too. Anyway, here I am. Any Chicagoans out there that want to BBQ or whatever, I'm always up for meeting people and cooking. I have fun friends that cook but I figure the more the merrier. TTFN
Jack

Last edited:
chicago to Montana

Okay....distance doesn't mean we can't share food. I'll trade ya' a Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza packed in dry ice shipped. What is Montana known for as far as food goes...(I'm picturing an Elk or something arriving in Chicago.) You can just make me perogi's....I'm craving em'. Now there's an idea...swapping food by overnight air packed in dry ice. I'll trade some Mr. Beef Italian beef. We have the best beef stands in Chicago.

Welcome! I'm not in Chicago, but if I travel through there sometime, I would love to get together for a bite to eat.
We traveled to Phoenix in January, and stopped for the night in New Mexico. We met up with some guys that my husband talks with on a Ford truck forum. We all had pizza at a local place, and then we went to one of the guys houses to see his truck. It was so nice to get together with people he has talked with on the forum for a long time. I like your idea of getting together with those close by. There were 5 people we met up with for that adventure who all know each other from the forum, and are now "real" friends.

Welcome to DC Jack. I'll be passing through Chicago on Friday--I'm going to hit the Olde Oil Shop and the Spice Shop. Can you tell me how to get there from Union Station? I was there in April (stayed at the Drake--walked to the area, but took the L back--got off at the wrong stop and had to catch a cab so I could meet up with friends for dinner). I don't want to miss my train west...

Next Spring when I'm in Chicago for business, maybe we can meet up.

Okay....distance doesn't mean we can't share food. I'll trade ya' a Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza packed in dry ice shipped. What is Montana known for as far as food goes...(I'm picturing an Elk or something arriving in Chicago.) You can just make me perogi's....I'm craving em'. Now there's an idea...swapping food by overnight air packed in dry ice. I'll trade some Mr. Beef Italian beef. We have the best beef stands in Chicago.

Huckleberries...they are more dangerous than you think, you usually have to wrestle a Grizzly bear to get your fair share.:) Let's see...I have to send some to California, something or other to Maryland...

Why Perogi's? I don't know how to make those...my specialty is Beef Ettouffe.:pig:

Huckleberries...they are more dangerous than you think, you usually have to wrestle a Grizzly bear to get your fair share.:) Let's see...I have to send some to California, something or other to Maryland...

Why Perogi's? I don't know how to make those...my specialty is Beef Ettouffe.:pig:

Beef Ettouffe sounds yummy.

Back
Top Bottom